VBG IN 1996//THINKING OF REVISION

AMYLU
on 8/23/04 2:10 am - Conroe, TX
In 1996 I had VBG done at 286 lbs. In about a year and a half lost 105 lbs and was very happy. Over the last few years I have started to gain again and rapidly over the last 6 months. Now back up to 248. I am a mess emotionally over this. I have tried to explain it to people. Being 100 pounds over weight is one thing, but losing a 100 pounds and then putting it back on is an entirely other demon. I am looking into revision to the RNY. Not sure what to expect!!!!!! Anyone out there? Amy from Texas
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/04 12:01 pm, edited 1/25/12 1:36 am

darlene W.
on 8/29/04 3:45 am - indianapolis, IN
Amy, I had the band done in aug. 2000 and i lost about 85 pounds and have gained almost or more than half back, i am waiting to see if my dr. approves the rny, i really didn't do all i was suppose to when i had tha lap, so alot is my fault and i rag on myself all the time, but i think when i have this one done i will put foth alot more effort and excerise alot more and watch what i can eat just won't eat it. good luck i know how you feel darlene
Debra F.
on 8/30/04 3:03 am - Houston, TX
I had a vbg in 1996 and just had a revision to ryn on 8/3/04 my insurance approved right away.. but I had problems with the vbg always throwing up and needing to have dilatation done... So far I have lost 26 lbs and am doing great.... glad I did the revision... Good luck
AMYLU
on 8/30/04 3:37 am - Conroe, TX
FINALLY SOMEONE WITH A SIMILAR STORY. WOULD YOU MIND TELLING ME A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY WITH VBG AND SO ON (LIKE HOW MUCH YOU LOST AND GAINED, ETC.) I AM FROM CONROE, I SAW ON YOUR PROFILE YOU ARE FROM PASADENA SMALL WORLD
Debra F.
on 8/30/04 5:14 am - Houston, TX
I only lost about 40 or 50 and gained it all back.... my dr. here in pasadena is really good... i had several problems with throwing up anything I ate.... all the time... so I decided to start researching a revision and see what would happen.... luckily I had kept all my medical records from the first surgery and all the dilatations I had done it was easier for the insurance to approve....
Lisa S.
on 8/30/04 4:24 am - Shelby, NC
I had VBG 2000, have got approval from my carrier to have RNY revision - however, now my surgeon says he is having to work with his malpractice coverage on revisions. I too have gained back almost all my weight, I only lost about 60# from VBG. I have a failed staple line. I know that when my staple line was working I lost weight. That is the only way I have lost any significant weight. My doctor is hopeful that I can be more successful with the RNY - but now everything is on hold. Lisa
Tammy S.
on 9/13/04 9:58 am - San Antonio, TX
Hi Amy- I had VBG in 1999. lost 100 pounds (went from 352 to 252). I was able to keep the weight off until my RNY on June 1, 2004. I have lost 37 additional pounds and I now weigh 215. GO FOR IT!!! Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/04 8:27 am - TX
Amy, I am a revision from a VBG done in 1997. started at 360, lost to 240. 120 pounds in 9 months. Then over 5 years gained slowly, I got up to 315 again! I felt embarrased, like a failure. Most people dont know that I had the vbg. The rny is better! I had that done in October and I am down 98 pounds. I am thrilled with the revision and I wish you best. I would love to talk to you! From PA ~Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics