Has any one had RNY then a revision of the RNY?

Charmaine C.
on 3/11/16 12:07 pm - Columbus, OH

Has anyone had RNY revision to RNY? My pouch is still small but I have a enlarged stoma with food bypassing to small intestine. Surgeon feel he can fix the issue with the same surgery cutting half of stomach off and part of small intestine and reattached. I'm concerned about slow weight loss or nothing at all. Will I have the same results as before? Bad side effects or more complications? Please help me with answer, concerns and suggestions.

Thanks

dlbogus
on 3/15/16 8:34 pm

May I ask who your surgeon is and what type of tests you had to determine the problem. I had RNY 2003.  Thanks you in advance. 

sassymomlisa
on 3/16/16 1:46 pm

I had a revision from a RNY to a sleeve in November 2015. I can say it was not an easy surgery because it was done open, but it has been the best thing I have done. I lost 100 pounds with the RNY that was done in 2008.  Since having the revision I have lost another 50 pounds.  I just saw my surgeon this morning and he is extremely happy, as I am. The only issue I have had is with strictures. I have had to be stretched 4 times with one more coming up. 

I say if you can get the revision I would recommend it, but be prepared that it may not be as easy on your body as the first surgery!!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!!

I need to update my picture ?

Charmaine C.
on 4/6/16 11:09 am - Columbus, OH

thank you so much with that information. I need to hear this. I've been worry if I will be a success the 2nd time around. I read post that people didn't lose weight or not what they accepted.

CelesteCA2TN
on 3/18/16 11:14 am

Thank you for this question.  I am looking to get a revision to a RNY as well.  Having trouble finding a doctor in Nashville that will do it.

luvlife70
on 3/20/16 7:51 am
Revision on 01/20/16

yes had rny in 2002 and revision to make pouch smaller on 1-20-16. weight loss slow

lori

Charmaine C.
on 3/21/16 2:10 am, edited 3/20/16 7:14 pm - Columbus, OH

Thanks for responding. If you don't mind me asking. How much weight have you lost since January? 

Charmaine C.
on 4/6/16 11:10 am - Columbus, OH

Do you mind sharing how much you lost since the revision?

Thank you

luvlife70
on 4/11/16 10:41 am
Revision on 01/20/16

15 on 1 week liquids. 39 before during time working with dietician and 30 lbs since revision on jan 20

chinababies
on 4/6/16 11:59 pm

how hard was the surgery compared to the first one?

Most Active
Recent Topics