1 month post lap---> RNY my progress

wanabloser
on 9/22/15 12:56 pm

This week I'm1 month post op.  So far Iv'e lost 17lbs. 

Mentally it’s been a challenge. For 2 weeks straight I was stuck at 215 then all of a sudden this morning I’m at 213. Geez, talk about a huge exhale. Once or twice I had trouble getting food down, even if I chew it up to mush. I have come to accept I can no longer eat chicken breast. I’m still nervous that I won’t lose my excess weight. Since I had my band deflated I have gained 50lbs in 10 months. I have done everything I could to lose weight and nothing work. I felt like my body was enemy and fight me tooth and nail NOT to lose weight. I have enough rx weight lost pill to take down a 2 ton elephant. None of them worked. I couldn’t figure it out.  I guess along with working on my weight lost, I now have to work on my thinking. I still feel like this is going to be an uphill battle with no positive results.

I would love to hear from others, who have had a lap band to RNY revision in the last six months. Or hear from anyone who would like to share what their first few months was like.

Neesie57
on 9/22/15 6:41 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I recently read a book about VSG by Dr. Duc Vuong.  He says he would rather have his patients eat chicken thighs, instead of chicken breast.  White meat is just too dry.  Thighs hold much more moisture and is easier for all of us to eat.  

I know you had RNY, but I think the advice pertains to anyone with bariatric surgery.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

wanabloser
on 9/22/15 7:05 pm

Great advice. I'm really trying to find different ways to get my protein in.  I think I've had it with shakes

nininn
on 9/22/15 8:55 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

I am going to follow this..I am having surgery in November.  I thought that the dry, stuck feeling would be less or gone after having the band out...

"slow and steady wins the race..."

Chickenboob
on 9/26/15 11:15 am - Rockland, Canada

It took me a while to get back to chicken breast. Oddly, the first meat I could tolerate was pork tenderloin. You are doing amazing! Keep it up! :)

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Most Active
Recent Topics