revision from sleeve to roux

sarasar7
on 9/14/15 3:40 pm

I am going to have a revision done and doctor thinks the roux is what I need I have been researching and most say that this does not promise loss. I talked about the ds but dr thought the malabsorption at my age might not be good for me I have also read about a distal rny and wondered if anyone had this done and how your doing please respond I need all the encouragement I canget thanks sara

MsBatt
on 9/17/15 8:59 am

A distal RNY would give you MORE malabsorption issues than the DS would. And frankly, I know proximal RNYers who need/take more vitamins than I do with my DS. You already have half of a DS---save your pylorus!

No form of WLS promises long-term, maintained weight loss---but the DS has the very BEST stats for it. The RNY (Roux-en-Y) has an average maintained excess weight loss of 60-70% at five years post-op. The DS has an average of 78% at TEN years post-op.

sarasar7
on 9/17/15 9:49 pm

thank you for your post. I have not been successful in getting my dr on the phone and I am wanting to change to a ds. I'm 62 do you think I'm too old. also will we need to resend for insurance authorization. I'm so nervous I want this done tomorrow. you have been very understanding I hope we can stay in touch          thank you sara

Most Active
Recent Topics