1 week post op (lap band -->gastric bypass

wanabloser
on 8/30/15 9:53 am

I had my revision 8/25/15.  I know I might be freaking out for nothing.  However, day of surgery I was 230 today I am 234.  I sure its nothing but post surgery fluid and swelling.  So how long before all that goes away and i start to see real weight-loss.  It's just weird that I'm still sore and still on a liquid diet yet have not lost ANY weight. 

HKT53
on 8/30/15 11:30 am - Toronto, Canada

Cover your weigh scales. Trust me. Focus on your day and timing of meds, vitamins, full liquids and sip sip sip water. Walk around. Until you get rid of gas and have regular BM you are going to be swollen. I am 7 weeks out now and I saw no change in weight for two weeks. Your health and getting up and around is important. Do you see the surgeon three weeks after surgery? Take care

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

wanabloser
on 8/30/15 12:00 pm

Thanks for your post. My appointment is in three weeks. I getting around find with the occasional ache and pain. I'm really paying attention to my fluid intake. It's really hard when your not hungry and have no appetite.

Jeppa
on 8/30/15 12:35 pm
Revision on 06/02/15

HKT53 is right, stay away from the scales. In fact, now is a good time to develop a long-distance relationship with that thing - only "see" it once a month if possible. You'll be much happier! Focus on the task at hand which is helping the body heal from within - fluids, proteins, vitamins, exercise. I have had to start focusing on strategies to win the mind game my own mind is playing on me - and I tell you, it's a battle!!  I'm 7 weeks post op lapband to RNY. I don't know how much I've lost to date, but my 2 month post op was 25 lost (I think). However, I can tell you I have gone from a size 20W in jeans to an 18 in Misses - yay!! and they aren't even tight/snug - they fit just right! I'm stoked. I haven't been able to do that since sometime in the 1990's I think... Even with the lapband I had gone from a 24-26W to a 18W then back to a 20-22W.  

Your appetite will come back. (I was sad when mine did. lol) Be gentle on your system for a while, you'll develop good habits quickly. :) Good luck to you on your new journey!!

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

wanabloser
on 8/30/15 1:49 pm

Thanks Jeppa.

i needed to hear that.  I just asked my husband to hide the scale for now.  Lol.  Old habits die hard. The last ten months were a struggle to lose the weight. I was doing everything I do could to lose weight and my routine include jumping on and off the scale every morning trying to get to the right number.  I have to just relax and focus on healing

Queen JB
on 8/30/15 3:30 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yep, its just fluids...

They are right to tell you to hide the scales. I wish I had! I had the same surgery as you, and came home weighing a whole lot more than when I went in.

The numbers didn't budge for a week. Then they dropped. Then I hit a 2 week stall.

Ugh, the first few weeks are cruel... we are thinking about it like its a full time job, but our bodies won't cooperate!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/15 11:12 am

This is normal post op !  I too was way heavier ... turns out the IV blows you up with water lol and so water weight... 

jaaz1980
on 9/8/15 5:05 pm

I had my revision on 8/26/15, I have lost some but now have come to a halt. The stupid scale is not helping me, feel like throwing it away. Going to Dr appointment tomorrow see what they say. Hang in there everyone one says it will get better

wanabloser
on 9/8/15 6:22 pm

I finally saw a drop of about 13 lbs.  My appointment is tomorrow to get the official weight.  I think we are being too hard on our self.  Im trying to take a relax approach but it is hard.

jaaz1980
on 9/18/15 5:19 am

I agree we are being to hard but I just want it off as fast as it went on, lol. It's been 3 1/2 weeks since surgery and I am seeing movement in the scale. Down 20lbs the only thing I need to stay off the scale. How are you feeling. I had a tougher time with recovery this time compared to when I had the band. 

Most Active
Recent Topics