Had Revision Surgery

mcaines
on 1/8/15 6:18 pm - Pikeville, KY

I had a Pancreatic Diversion two years ago. The first year it went great. Lost a ton of weight. Felt great. On occasion my labs would show up dehydrated vitamin deficiency. Thought that was normal. Then out of the blue the surgeons office called and said I had to come in immediately. I went in the surgeon came in and said we have to reverse this. She you are slowly dying, Amid a huge argument. I agreed. After three days I got out of the hospital. Back in three days my bowels would not work. Stayed in seven  days this time on extremely potent medicine. Same they would give a dying Cancer patient. Got out have not been the same since. Weight gain stay sick, arthritis flareup. you name it pain in my belly and right side. Say they find the problem. The doctor told me Ok you are deoressed. Go see a phyciatris and dieatician for six months and we will talk about working on this problem.  I truly feel like I am dying and no one cares.

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/15 12:18 pm

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. If you feel you aren't getting the appropriate care from your current doctor and/or surgeon, it might be best to find someone new. You can always have medical records sent elsewhere and get other opinions.

Most Active
Recent Topics