band to sleevers. ..hospital stay

kdmox
on 6/29/14 11:44 am - Baltimore, MD

I am so excited my surgery is next tuesday!! I was thinking i would only be in the hospital one night. Iam having both procedures at once...band removal and sleeve. Thoughts in how long your hospital stay was...and anything you couldn't live without at hospital? Thanks!!!!

juelesisfree
on 7/3/14 4:28 am

I had revisional band to sleeve surgery on the 30th n was released yesterday. They say that the length of the stay is based on how you are doing so I would say get up and get moving as soon as you can they had me up the same night to do a lap down the hall.. I gotta say I would not have been comfortable going home any sooner. Don't ru**** this is a major surgery... its definitely different than when I initially had the band in 2007. All a learning process....

Good luck to you!  

kdmox
on 7/3/14 1:57 pm - Baltimore, MD

Congrats on your surgery and thanks so much for the info.  I'll be following your progress and cheering you along

crankyyanky1
on 7/7/14 10:36 pm - hampstead, NC

I am having a revision on 8/13 band to sleeve, I am so nervous but happy!  I was told a 2 day hospital stay is basically what to expect but I would love to hear about how you are doing, and the experience!!  Hope everything goes well for you!

kdmox
on 7/8/14 7:38 pm - Baltimore, MD

I am writing from my hospital bed...surgery went well! Was told I'll be here two nights. . I never get nausea but in recovery room was very nauseous.  They give you lots of anti nausea meds.  Obviously on pain killers. Didnt sleep last night  but that's just me in hospitals! I was able to go through surgery without a catheter.  was up and out of bed shortly after i got back to my room. Walked around a couple times.  Pain is sore but very bearabke. Gas pain that is creeping in is more painful to me! I think that covers what i can say fur now😕feel free to pm me with any questions. Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!

pineview01
on 7/14/14 3:29 pm - Davison, MI

I had mine done in two surgeries.  They called my surgery at 9:15 and was home at 1:30 with a 30 minute drive.  With the sleeve they made me stay two nights.  I had more trouble with the removal than the sleeve and would have loved to have gone home after the leak test the next morning.  I had them take down the pain pump after pushing the button a few time and figured out that was causing the nausea.  Than I only had pain meds when I was ready to head home for the drive.  I took them the first three nights before bed.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Melissa0518
on 7/15/14 2:51 pm
with

I am new to the forum had  lap  band in  2007, removed 2 weeks ago had reaction  to the glue so doctor cancelled my surgery. Just went to the doctor today and got the all clear  for surgery and now I'm confused which surgery.. wanted the gastric bypass but my doctor keeps talking about the sleeve. How did you  all decided

pineview01
on 7/16/14 9:56 am - Davison, MI

I would go with your doctor on this.  I was a band and now have a sleeve and love it.  I was able to lose 100% of my EWL.  It took work but I was able to do it and am down over 60 pounds from what I was able to do with the band.  I don't have to take all the supplementation that the RNYers have to.

Your doctor knows your history so would be a good judge.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Melissa0518
on 7/15/14 2:52 pm
with

I am new to the forum had  lap  band in  2007, removed 2 weeks ago had reaction  to the glue so doctor cancelled my surgery. Just went to the doctor today and got the all clear  for surgery and now I'm confused which surgery.. wanted the gastric bypass but my doctor keeps talking about the sleeve. How did you  all decided

Most Active