4 lbs in 10 days. Losing my mind!!

kdbird
on 5/5/14 6:17 am

Greetings!  I am just about 3 weeks out from revision band to sleeve. Following my dr plan to the T. 70 g protein per day and right at 500 calories. I started pureed last week and in 10 days I have lost only 4 lbs. I am feeling incredibly discouraged and scared. With the band I lost a total of 50 lbs in 7 years. Please please PLEASE tell me this sleeve will produce better results and that 4 lbs in 10 days 3 weeks post op is okay. Advice greatly appreciated!!  Thank you in advance ;)

Hislady
on 5/5/14 1:23 pm, edited 5/5/14 1:24 pm - Vancouver, WA

Relax, actually most people hit a full on stall at 3 weeks out from any surgery for some reason. So see you are already ahead of the game if you've lost 4 lbs.!  You won't lose at a steady rate so just keep plugging away at it and it will eventually come off. You've been cheated by the band and you can't really compare the two because the sleeve actually does work where we are finding that the band makers actually lied about the rate of weight loss with the band and only 50% actually lose ANY weight much less all their weight.So relax, work your plan and get ready to buy some new clothes!

pineview01
on 5/8/14 5:39 am - Davison, MI

Stop being discouraged and scared.  Keep following your plan.  How much fluid are you getting?  You have to get rid of the IV fluid even before starting to lose.  Four pounds in ten days in great better than what I did.  I have managed to lose 100% EWL with the sleeve.  With the band I was a success at 40%,  Most people lose slower with the revision.  I lost less but I also was 30/40 pounds less to start with.  Eight months out I was at goal and never got less than obese with the band.

Also with the advise of my therapist and a plan from the old nut I upped the protein to 80-120 per day and calories to 800 and started losing better

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics