Happiness with your revision?

ohbearly
on 4/24/14 2:35 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

I am 9 months out of my Lapband to RNY revision. It’s been a good thing for me. I haven’t given it much thought lately. That is what made me realize that it was a good thing. With my Lapband problems, I was always thinking about the surgery and mostly about regretting that I did not have RNY initially. The GERD is gone and my health is much improved. I could not ask for more.  Add to that my weight is down 60 pounds.

I began running again this spring and surprised myself how much faster I am. In 4 weeks I am celebrating my 60th birthday with a 335 mile 7 day bike ride. I just wanted to see if others in this forum felt the same after their revision. I truthfully cannot think of anything negative that came from my revision surgery. It’s all good. -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Hislady
on 4/24/14 4:30 am - Vancouver, WA

Well I wasn't able to revise for several reasons (did get rid of band but not soon enough) but I still wanted to congratulate you on your new life. It has to be great to feel so much better!

lovely27
on 4/24/14 6:23 am - south hill, VA

I am so happy to hear you are doing well, I will having my revision band to rny May 28 kind of scared but so ready to get this band out.

SuzinDallas
on 4/24/14 11:40 am

This is great news!  I'm exactly 7 days out from my Band to RNY revision and I can't wait. We recently upped my Nexium dosage (Again) because the GERD is so bad I have a sore throat. I can't wait to feel better.

It's so reassuring to hear from someone who's had it, thanks for sharing.

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

ohbearly
on 4/25/14 7:09 pm - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Everyone is different but I think most people recover quickly from revision. Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery. 

pineview01
on 4/24/14 11:59 am - Davison, MI

I am 15 months out from my band to VSG revision.  It has been great for me.  I weigh 40-60 pounds less than I got with the band (40 less than the one week low, 60 for the several month low.)  My main goal for this surgery was to get back to that one week low and stay there.  I would have loved just being 199, but went on to lose 40 more by 8 months our.  I am holding within 5 pounds now for 7 months.  The GERD the band caused is gone and I sleep laying down with just one thin little pillow.  I am smaller than I was in sixth grade, not down to when 16 but awful close.  I also am too close to the 60 mark for comfort 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ohbearly
on 4/25/14 7:11 pm - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Good to hear. I am happy about my extra weight loss but most happy to not have to constantly think about the brand. 

pineview01
on 4/26/14 12:41 pm - Davison, MI

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Sally L.
on 7/17/14 1:14 am

Hello!  I have been reading through some posts to try to decide if I want to revise from band to VSG.  I have been doing some research, and Newsmaxhealth.com suggested that people that get the sleeve continue to or develop acid reflux and heartburn after the surgery.  I am having those issues because of the band right now.  I don't want them to get any worse.  I see you are not having problems with it, which makes me feel better.  Have you heard of anyone else having problems with it?  Congratulations on your great success!  That is awesome! 

SALLY - banded May 9, 2007 Check out my new fun fall photos!

tdbull
on 4/25/14 3:31 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am 8.5 months out and i think it was the best decision I ever made. Congrats you feel the same.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active