LB/RNY Revision- too complications and a 11 day hopsital stay

megs0778
on 10/12/13 1:06 am - Minneapolis, MN

So i went in  form my revision on October 3. Simpler procedure: remove LP (yuck so ove it) remove gall bladder, and 3) RYN revisions. Came out of surgery in a lot of pain, but that was expected

Two days later when I wen onto liquids, i couldn't keep anything down. Would just immediately yack it up. Did a barrium swallow and it showed i had an obstruction. Withing 2 hours i was back in surgery.

Now on to my third complication: I came out of the 3rd surgery just crazy. I pulled out my own breathing tupe and was talkinging nonsensne. They said it appears I have Delirum from all of the annethietstics over a short period of time but that epsisode did not help my please te get out of the hospital anytime soon.

So i've be released from teh hospital but feel awful and don't know when i can expect to turn a corner. Any insght?

Thansk,

Megs

saterry
on 10/12/13 1:42 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

You and  I share the same surgery date. I was in for 5 days. Salastic ring removal, partial gastrectomy,  gall bladder removal , hernia repair and adhesions removed.

Came home and felt like I wa**** by a train.

Still slow, pain meds are cut in half from the beginning and I make sure I am on the treadmill everyday at least 2-3 times.

I take a shower everyday, get ALL my liquids and protein.

Sleeping 3 hours at a time tops a couple times a day.

We have to take this one hour, one pill, one sip at a time----this was MAJOR surgery.

Don't set your goals too high, do exactly as your surgeon says and use ALL your resources. Hope you have good help around you for a few days.

Feel free to PM me anytime, any day --- WE can do this !!

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

motomama
on 10/12/13 4:01 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

I had my revision from Lapband to RNY on 9/6 so I am about 3 weeks ahead of you.  Expect to be weak and fatigued.  The obstruction isn't that unusual, I have had two dilations during recovery week 4 and 5.  I was on clear liquids until this week.  I even had a tough time keeping down protein shakes.  I have been depressed and disappointed because of my slow recovery.  On the upside, I've lost 31 lbs.  Keep your head up and keep in touch with your surgeon.  You may have to have another dilation but that's okay and easy, just an EGD.  This week I am eating soft foods, mostly soups and still I'm on pins and needles because I am waiting for my stoma to scar over again.  That's my big problem, scar tissue.  Good luck and this is a great place to share and just get your frustrations out of your system.  

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

megs0778
on 10/12/13 5:22 am - Minneapolis, MN

thanks Sattery and Motomma.

I'm am on clear liquids for a nother week and then move to portoeing shakes. I can't believe how exahuasted and fatigued i am. 

Meg

pineview01
on 10/12/13 2:42 pm - Davison, MI

You all make me glad my surgeon does the revision in two surgeries with a 2-6 month wait in between for the stomach to heal.

Megs my Sister came out of hip replacement surgery like that.  My DH came out of knee replacement not knowing when he was and keep trying to go outside and do chores the whole time.  Two weeks later and he still isn't back to normal.  And they sent him home after two days like that.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

tdbull
on 10/14/13 11:32 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am 9 weeks out from exact same surgery. Spent 7 days in hospital due to drain hole infection and bile duct leak. I am just now feeling myself, so keep your head up and take your time. Recovery is slow.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

megs0778
on 10/15/13 9:33 am - Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the replies. I still can't get over how fatigued i feel. I'm hopping the next phase of purreed soft/foods will make me feel better. I just want to feel at least semi-normal again. 

Most Active
Recent Topics