Approved for DS with Kashishian

MSSEXXC74
on 9/23/13 3:24 am

I recieved words last Monday that I was approved for my revision from Rny to DS. Sunday my mother passed away. I am so scared to now have this surgery. My mother was mines and my children's everything.  My 17 year old lived with her. I cant help thinking how selfish I must be to have a very dangerous surgery knowing my mother is gone. What if something happens to me? My mother went to hospital to have a kidney stone removed and they gave her too much fluids and blew her already damaged lungs.  That was a simple procedure and this revision is probably more intense and complicated.

Member Services
on 9/23/13 3:53 am - Irvine, CA

We are so sorry for your loss and pain you are going through.....

Linda_S
on 9/23/13 10:17 am - Eugene, OR

I too am so sorry for your loss.  What a horrible thing to happen.  These errors are not the norm in medical practice, or you'd hear about them all the time,  I can see that it would make you more apprehensive, but you do need to do what you can to fix your health.  I'm assuming you are having significant difficulties with your RNY and therefore needing the revision?  I wouldn't let the fear stop you from getting your own health back in gear.  From what I've read, Dr. Keshishian and his crew are top-notch.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Katie H.
on 9/23/13 11:37 am - NC

Your mother would want you to be happy and healthy so you can take care of yourself and your children and have a better life!

I can't imagine what you're going through right now, and I am truly sorry. But, hang in there and trust Dr. K.

From what I've read, he is one of the greats at this surgery and you're in great hands. If the surgery doesn't have to be done ASAP, maybe take a little time and find your center again and make a decision not based on fear, but on what would be best for YOU and your kids in the long term? You'll be in my thoughts.

Katie

Katie

Lap-Band 09/10, seeking revision.

airbender
on 9/23/13 12:45 pm

oh my gosh, what a horrible loss for you and your 17 yr old that lived with her.  Know Dr K is very caring, incredibly skilled.  He would not do a rny to ds unless you needed it and that he was confident he could perform it.  you are doing this for your health, so you will be around for your children, getting healthy.....for yourself and your family.  there are no absolutes in medicine...a simple procedure can turn....you are doing the right thing, taking care of yourself, in time you will realize that is what your mother wanted for you....sending you prayers and piece.....

MSSEXXC74
on 9/24/13 12:36 am
I think im scared because my mom went to have a kidney stone removed and they gave her pneumonia. Also my mom didn't want me to have the revision. She said I should just go back to the WLS because I would loose weight. Ii have absolute confidence in Dr. K what I don't trust is the hospital. My mom was a RN for 40 years my mother fought with the nurses and told them not to give her those fluids and they did anyways. She told them what would happen and exactly that happened!
Most Active
Recent Topics