Revision to RNY monday had hard time following pre op

mercedes66693
on 3/21/13 10:46 pm

Ok so I'm having my revision on Monday the 25th.  I've had a really hard time sticking to the pre-op except for the past 3 days 3 more to go.  Had a lot of stressful things happen the past two weeks and really didn't do to well I did the protein shakes in the morning and at lunch but cheated some not terrible at night(I'm supposed to have 2 protein drinks then protein and veggies for dinner) I haven't gained any weight but really haven't lost any I'm scared to tell my surgeon don't know if they will change the date I've stuck to a liquid diet the past 2 days and plan on for the next 3. 

Anyone else have this issue I don't know if I should tell them or not. I so want this revision it's just life threw me a big curve the past 2 weeks

I'm so mad at myself

TynettaM
on 3/21/13 11:12 pm, edited 3/21/13 11:13 pm - Greensboro, NC

So sorry that you are going through a hard time.

I talked with my NUT yesterday and my Dr on this pas Monday and they were telling me that after i'm unbanded.....the following 3 months would be me following a diet and exercise plan to prepare me for the rny.....he told me if I lose then that great...but as long as i'm not gaining......

Don't beat yourself up.....contact your Dr's nurse or NUT and talk to them and explain. I'm sure that they will be more knowledgeable with your medical teams program.

Next week you will have a successful surgery and on your way to a healthier diet.

I'm a huge believer that when you really want some thing....need someting...you have obstacles that are thrown your way...sort of like a life test.....sometimes you don't expect.....but it's all about the way you handle it and move forward that matters.

Have an awesome day !!!

Srg2
on 3/27/13 6:24 am - CA

I cheated most days too but still managed to lose 14 pounds.  Start some heavy duty exercise and just get back on track!  Any weight loss will be better than none.  What is your pre-op diet?  Mine was 2 protein shakes, cream soups, jello, and water/coffee.  Then 3 days prior -  just clear liquids.  I did good on that part.

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

Most Active