Sleeves failure

BROWNEYES_24
on 8/4/12 1:43 pm
 I have had my sleeve for about 2years and 8 months so far I lost 130 in the beginning and have regain 40 back. I'm wondering if there is a such things as stretching your stomach again. What have some of you done who sleeve failed and you did not lose all your weight. What is the best revision surgery I can have to help lose the rest of my weight? 
Carmen C.
on 8/5/12 2:11 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
My sleeved failed. I lost 70 pounds and gained 60 back. I am having my RNY - on Wednesday.. I developed lots of problems- hernia, damage in esphogaus .. etc.. Lost of damage.. I don't really have a choice now. I have to have this done to cure the GERD- that has damaged my throat and stomach.

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

Delia Montalvo
on 8/7/12 2:00 am - San Antonio, TX
I also had problems with acid reflux/GERD after my sleeve but I had had a lap band done first. Anyways, had my RNY on 7/23 and so far so good, keeping liquids down, hoping to advance to mushies soon. Good luck on your surgery.
Delia Montalvo
on 8/7/12 1:58 am - San Antonio, TX
You did a wonderful job with the 130 weight loss and I'm sorry to say that yes your pouch can stretch in time. Try to stay positive. I have had all three surgeries in 2006 I had lap band with no real success maybe lost 30-40 lbs only to gain some back. Last year I had a revision to sleeve. Did well, lost about 40 and started getting acid reflux all the time, really terrible. Only other option was the gastric bypass and that was done on 7/23. I have done well, still on liquids but hopefully I can advance to mushies tomorrow when I see my doctor. Good luck to you.
MsBatt
on 8/7/12 6:49 am
The most logical thing would be to add the second half of the DS to your Sleeve. And you can be re-Sleeved as well.
Most Active