consultation tomorrow

LISA V.
on 5/31/12 1:55 pm - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
I have my appointment tomorrow with the surgeon who did my original rny. I am meeting with him hoping he will give me some news about a revision. My weight is steadily climbing and I am scared to death he will tell me no. I have a bmi of 40 and now have sleep apnea, fibromyalgia and osteo arthritis. Has anyone been turned down by their Dr for a revision? If so what did you do????
heathercross
on 6/1/12 5:36 am - New York, NY
 Lisa, you don't need your old surgeon's permission or agreement for the revision. Its not like the 1st go round when you needed him to write to the insurance company, etc. Based on what he says and what the tests show, you need to decide if you want to go it again with the same doctor. I felt mine was partially at fault for making my pouch to big (he was conservatve and admits it) and also he wasn't a "revision" doctor. You want someone who is expereinced with revisions and that takes interest in your follow-up care.  Good Luck.

Heather
LISA V.
on 6/1/12 7:29 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
My appointment went really well today! He gave me a lot of hope. I told him I was so scared to see him but he reassured me that everything was OK. Wow I can't believe I am starting the process again. Its so exciting and scary at the same time. The office is making my appointment for my upper endoscopy, they will let me know next week. He said once he gets the results back from that he will give me my options and then I can choose what I feel is best for me. So its now back to hurry up and wait lol...
heathercross
on 6/1/12 8:02 am - New York, NY
 Let me know what they find on your endoscopy.  I hated that procedure.  I hate going under but it was a necessary evil.  
Most Active