Had rny 9 years ago ~ need a revision

LISA V.
on 5/3/12 8:36 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
I need HELP!!! I am 9 years out from my RNY and I am gaining like crazy. I made an appointment with my surgeon to talk about a revision. I saw him last year about the same thing and he really didn't give me any options. I thought maybe the lap band would help, but I am hearing nothing but bad news about it. Can someone give me some advice on the band or if they had a revision from rny???
DixiePop
on 5/4/12 1:03 am - Murphysboro, IL
 Im in the same boat ! Im 5 yrs out and am trying to find information on getting a revision. My surgeon retired a couple of yrs ago so now I have to start from the VERY Beginning !! .. Good luck !!!

Dixie Lee 

Elisteph22
on 5/4/12 7:04 am - FL
I to had RNY about 10 years ago but never gained a pound until a year ago that I got pregnant..now I am overweight by like 25 lbs and was thinking of doing a revision or the LAP..I've heard it can be done....let me know what you hear... Thanks :)
LISA V.
on 5/4/12 7:29 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
LISA V.
on 5/4/12 7:25 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
LISA V.
on 5/4/12 7:37 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
My appointment with my original surgeon is not until 6/1, but I am making other phone calls just in case he tells me I have no options. I will let you know what I hear and if you hear anything please let me know too. thx
Frankie
on 5/4/12 1:19 am - NY
Hi Lisa,

I had RNY back in 2004 started gaining weight in 2008, had a baby in 2009.  I watched what I ate, exercised and still continued to gain.  I had a revision in Sept 2011 to DS, the best thing I ever done.   Look at all your options regarding a revision and choose which one will be best for you.  Research, research research.  There is a woman who had revised her RNY to BOB (Band over Bypass) and she has lost a great amount of weight as well.  You can look her up, her name is Heather Cross.  I am sure she will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Good luck you on your revision journey.

Frankie

LISA V.
on 5/4/12 7:35 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
Hi Frankie,
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Did you have trouble with the insurance company covering your revision? How long did you have to wait? I would love to talk with Heather to find out all the info on the band. I will look her up. Thank you again
Frankie
on 5/4/12 11:11 am - NY
 My surgeon requires you attend their seminar see the nutritionist and the psych. I started the process in May and had surgery in Sept. I could've had it earlier but. Waited till after my birthday. Just research all your Options and choose what's best for you. If you choose BOB, heather can definitely answer your questions.  Good luck.

Elisteph22
on 5/4/12 7:01 am - FL
I to had RNY about 10 years ago but never gained a pound until a year ago that I got pregnant..now I am overweight by like 25 lbs and was thinking of doing a revision or the LAP..I've heard it can be done....let me know what you hear... Thanks :)
Most Active