KEYSTONE HEALTH PLAN EAST POS/REVISION

ceedott
on 4/3/12 12:49 am - PA
ANYONE HAVE HANY INFORMATION ON THE POLICY FOR REVISION?? I HAVE THE REALIZE BAND AND I'M TRYING TO GET REVISION TO VSG I HAVE CONSTIPATION ISSUES,I TAKE ZANTEC EVERY OTHER DAY,NO RESTRICTION ANYMORE,BLOOD PRESSURE HIGH ALL OF A SUDDEN AND I WENT TO SEE ANOTHER DR AND THEY DID TEST AND MY PORT IS BENT SO LIQUID IS NOT GOING IN THE BAND...WHAT AM I TO DO?? AND DOES MY INSURANCE COVER A REVISION I NEED HELP ON INFORMATION
Hislady
on 4/3/12 8:50 am - Vancouver, WA
You'll have to contact your insurance company because it depends on your individual policy as to whether you have coverage, good luck!
candymangp
on 4/4/12 10:22 am - Pottstown, PA
VSG on 04/02/12
Hi ceedott,

I have keystone east, I'm not  sure of the official policy but they approved me for revision from a Realize band to the VSG due to complications in less then a month.

George
ceedott
on 4/4/12 10:28 pm - PA
i had my surgery in 4/2009 and i really don't think they would consider my complaints complications...i have pain at the port,constipated all the time, i take zantec every other day just to eat...i changed doctor's bc my dr doesn't do revisions love him he was great..so the new doctor ran test and said my port was bent and its hard for him to fill and to me i'm still not getting restriction gained about 50lbs back i'm depressed and feel like a failure..i just want it out and get the vsg..hopefully..what kind of complications did you have??
candymangp
on 4/5/12 8:11 am - Pottstown, PA
VSG on 04/02/12
I had my band surgery 5/2010. For the first year I didn't have any issues and did great. Then suddenly developed issues. I was given and upper G.I., and EGD tests and they showed the band had moved out of position. It wasn't a classic slip were my stomach slipped up through the band, but the band it's self had slid up around the base of my esophogas.  Due to this I couldn't get proper restriction I was either so tight I couldn't get liquid down or so loose I could eat like before I was banded. I also had acid reflux, would sometimes choke on saliva when sleeping, and gained weight.
ceedott
on 4/6/12 1:50 am - PA
see i had an upper gi and everything is in place the only thing is the port is bent,pain at the port,CONSTIPATION,NO RESTRICTION,ETC...hopefully i can get revision surgery i'm so depressed
candymangp
on 4/6/12 2:37 am - Pottstown, PA
VSG on 04/02/12
I understand how you are feeling as I felt the same way before I found out the revision was a possibility.  Your going to need a surgery to either fix the band or have a revision. Talk to your surgeon to see how he can help you.  My Dr. said he wasn't sure they would approve me for a sleeve but he scheduled the surgery and did all of the work of submitting everything to the insurance co. Even at that point I was skeptical it would happen. The ins. co. didn't approve me until 5 days before surgery.  You do have quite a few issues you can report (damaged port, constipation, no restriction, weight gain, etc.) All you can do is try. 

Best of luck!
George
kdrkkicdj15
on 4/4/12 11:44 pm

Hi,  did you have removal and VSG placement the same day?

candymangp
on 4/5/12 8:14 am - Pottstown, PA
VSG on 04/02/12
Hello,

Yes it was all completed in one procedure.
Most Active
Recent Topics