Options...

SherylR
on 1/22/12 5:55 am - Richlands, NC

Happy Sunday!  Just a quick question...  I'm almost 10 years Post Op and have done well, I've gained weight in the past few years and have been having issues with my stomach, doc wants to do an endoscopy to see what's going on...  Anyway, he's talking about doing a revision and I'm just checking to see what's out there and your thoughts on them.... 

Thanks for your feedback!  

Sheryl

Sheryl
08/22/2002 (WLS date)
425/177/238/160 (high/low/current/goal)

"Don't count the moments but make the moments count!!"
SherylR
on 1/22/12 5:56 am - Richlands, NC
Forgot to mention that I had RNY the first time....  Thanks again! 
Sheryl
08/22/2002 (WLS date)

Toy T.
on 1/22/12 8:07 am
DS on 02/22/12
Hi Sheryl,

Mostly it depends on what you are looking for when you revise. DS is what most RNY'ers get revised to. It has the restrictive and malabsorption component to it. You might want to head over to that board. I don't believe a lot of people hang out in this board. Or you can find them on http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi a great deal of people now post over there. 
SherylR
on 1/22/12 9:49 am - Richlands, NC
Thanks girl...  Heading there now! 
Sheryl
08/22/2002 (WLS date)

talksoupslp
on 1/24/12 7:35 pm
I have RNY and my surgeon recently used the word revision.  But he's not referring to changing to a different procedure.  He's referring to revising the RNY.  We didn't go into to much detail at the time...but, depending on what the endoscopy says we'll look at the options more closely.  #! was to adjust the stoma (stomach opening).  Assuming it's stretched somewhat, they can cinch it tighter, make smaller pleats (I think that's what he said).  Other option was to bypass a little more intestine.  Make a little more malabsorption.

Anyway, you need to understand what your surgeon means by "revision".  He may not be talking about changing your surgery altogether...just making some adjustments.

Good luck.

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
Most Active