Paleo "Granola"

Donna L.
on 10/2/16 4:26 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I missed granola, and regular granola is tres carby.  This "pseduo granola" was inspired by many a paleo and autoimmune diet website/recipe.  I use this to top yogurt or cottage cheese.

Toast lightly in coconut oil (or fat of choice) equal parts of:

1 part unsweetened coconut flakes 

1/3 part chia seeds

1 part chopped walnuts

1 part shelled pumpkin seeds

1/3 part sunflower seeds

1/3 part sesame seeds (optional)

a pinch of salt (more for larger quantities)

Optional spice mixes to add:

cinnamon & truvia

for savory topping I add curry powder or garlic & onion powder.  Great for savory cottage cheese!

pumpkin pie spice for fall!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

kyzze
on 10/4/16 12:54 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

This sounds delicious! I am going to make this

Kyzze

SkinnyScientist
on 10/4/16 5:27 pm

This looks like something I would actually want to eat!  Will give it a whirl soon!

Thank you for posting!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

kyzze
on 10/16/16 11:40 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

So I finally made this today and IT IS SO GOOD!  I toasted mine in a little coconut oil and I added some cocoa nibs that I have had for a while. I sweetened it with a little coconut sugar and then ate it with my yogurt. Love the recipe! Thanks so much! Two questions though, do you store it in the fridge and how long will it last?

Kyzze

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/16 10:14 am - Albany, OR

The things I miss most are cereals and granola (and potatoes in any form, but I'm good at figuring out subs for those). This would be just the right crunch to add to yogurt! Thanks!

Most Active