Pregnant 15 Months post op! Is it too late? STRESSED!!

Dying2BeHealthy87
on 2/15/15 7:13 am - Austin, TX

Hello everyone!

My name is LaToria! It's been too long since I've touched in and I'd like some advice/support. I will first like to give a little background information about me. I am 27, married with two sons. This is my sixth pregnancy. My lasted loss was at 7 months POST OP and I carried her to twelve weeks. I was told I had a partial molar pregnancy which was NOT related to anything from my GB surgery. I WILL SADLY AND WITH GREAT SHAME, ADMIT I DID NOT FOLLOW DOCTOR'S RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT VITAMINS. Needless to say, I'm very traumatized and will ALWAYS second guess if maybe not taking my vitamins had something to do with the loss of our first daughter. Once DH and I got serious about trying to conceive again, I did speak with my PCP doctor who put me on prenatal vitamins MONTHS in advance. However, upon my first follow up with my GB Surgeon, I was told those vitamins were a complete waste because my body just couldn't absorb them! I'm now EIGHT WEEKS pregnant and worried sick about my poor peanut not having the nutrition it needs to survive and be healthy. 

I know this is A LOT of reading but please someone tel me if they've gone through this or have similar experience(s). I really need love, support, and advice!

civilmomma
on 2/20/15 3:25 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm so sorry about your prior loss.  from what I know, molar pregnancies have nothing to do with your vitamins.  They are just horrible things that happen on their own.  Nothing you can do to prevent them.  Usually you have to wait a long time to get pregnant again after a molar - so be sure your OB is monitoring you well now to see that everything is developing as it should.

You should have your vitamin levels drawn to make sure you are not deficient on anything.  and be sure to stay on top of the vitamins, extra folic, and lots of protein!

A visit with a dietician might ease your mind too.

I hope you have a good experience this time and a nice happy healthy baby later this year!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Dying2BeHealthy87
on 2/22/15 12:29 pm - Austin, TX

Hello Cilvilmomma! Thanks for your response. I thought I responded to your post but I'm not seeing it. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond. I was cleared after six months of low HCG levels with no rises. My OB tries her best to keep a watchful eye on me and ensure me this pregnancy is progressing fine. I guess it's just my over active mind. Thanks again sweetie.

emmalyn
on 2/22/15 11:52 am

Sorry for your loss. I find it strange your surgeon told you taking prenatals was a waste. My surgeon was happy I was taking mine, he does labs every three months and my levels have been perfect. I am 37 weeks and this pregnancy has been amazing. I wish you a happy healthy pregnancy.

Dying2BeHealthy87
on 2/22/15 12:16 pm - Austin, TX

Hello emmalyn!

Thanks for your response. I may of worded it wrong. Sorry. My surgeon told me that the prenatal vitamins (non chewable and gel+wax coating) were a complete waste because my body can't absorb the vitamins.  Congrats on your pregnancy. I wish you a happy,healthy and smooth delivery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1270 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 873 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1344 views