33 weeks

Celia S.
on 12/5/13 4:12 am - Grand Junction, CO

7 weeks/ 49 days to go til due date!

And they can't go by fast enough! It hit me in the past week... that stage of pregnancy where you wake up every day in pain and go to bed every night in more pain. Can't sleep, everything inside feels squished, baby's movements hurt like hell... Le sigh.

Thank GOD school is almost over... just today and tomorrow left for lecture days and then finals next week and I'M DONE! Whew! I'm ready for a break. Will NOT be taking classes next semester. I figured being single mother to my 5 year old and 1 year old plus being due with this baby just two days after classes start and having all the court stuff going on and adding to that a divorce in my near future would make focusing on school nearly impossible. Plus, even though I've now had two failed attempts at breastfeeding, I want to at least give it a go with this baby and going to school would destroy any chance of being successful this time. Eventually I will get my degree, though. Eventually.

Baby and I are good. No GD, no high bp, very little swelling... She's a mover and a shaker for sure! Oh and I've settled on her name. It will be Amaliyah Joy. First name pronounced like Amelia but with an 'ah' sound in place of the first 'e' sound...

Let's talk weight gain. This pregnancy started out much like my last one. Massive weight loss in the first half. I lost 21 pounds this time and now at 33 weeks have officially regained all of that. I might end this pregnancy with a net gain instead of a net loss! And, who knows... maybe that means this baby will be bigger at birth than her siblings were! Maybe even be a 6 pounder! LOL

I think that's about it. Hopefully will be checking in again around 37 weeks... and hopefully baby's arrival won't be too much longer after that!

windowsdown
on 12/5/13 7:02 am, edited 12/5/13 7:03 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with

You're are simply amazing....i truly admire your strength.  I hope you will be able to get some sleep.  Thanks for the update...can't wait to see pics of the whole crew!

MeliT
on 12/8/13 8:19 am - Miami, FL

you know how much i LOVE your updates!!!!! first of all you're a freaking super woman. i would think skipping a semester is a no brainer but the thought that you even contemplated it. lol. you'll get there when you get there. first priority is the baby and the kids. good luck with breastfeeding! i too failed. but with the next baby i def wanna try again. next time right after the baby is out i will start Fenugreek and oatmeal and brewers yeast and all that stuff that helped me last time but too little too late. you know, as much as it hurt (and it hurt like a *****) i was very sad when i stopped breastfeeding. i mean i was relieved. but also very sad when my milk dried up. having my breasts full of milk made me feel more like a woman than anything else in my life. i miss the whole experience. and i want to have that chance again. 

massive weight loss. lol. i never got that. i wish. lol. when is your official due date? you have to keep updating! i'm living through you!! and tell me everything. i wanna hear the whole labor story and everything else.

Celia S.
on 12/8/13 10:45 am - Grand Junction, CO

I know exactly what you mean about the breastfeeding. I was sad when I stopped, too, and actually tried to get Izaak to latch again a few times after I had stopped. I am not sure what my plan of action is for this go-round. I started fenugreek really early with Izaak. Within a few days, anyway. It didn't really make much of a difference. I even tried Reglan but didn't see a whole lot of difference and it's not something that can be taken on a long-term basis. I'm hoping this baby is actually bigger than my other two were so I have more leeway when it comes to weight loss in the beginning. I'm also going to look into a SNS if I have to start supplementing with this one as well. I'm glad I have you in my corner telling me I'm super woman! I feel like it's all I can do to get out of bed and that I'm struggling so bad, so it's nice to have an outsider's perspective on my life! 

My official due date is January 23. I have a feeling she will be here earlier than that, though. Maybe not by a lot, but I don't think I'll make it to my due date. I will definitely keep updating as I have more to update on and a full labor and delivery story after she is here :) I miss talking to you, Meli! We got so busy after our boys arrived that neither of us have been around much.

MeliT
on 12/9/13 12:25 am - Miami, FL

i knowwww....after i had the baby i was just too overwhelmed then as more time passed and i was able to come on every once in a while i felt like i had nothing to contribute to this forum. since its a pregnancy  forum. but i come on every once in a while to see updates from the girls i know. some of the girls who were struggling TTC went quiet on here and that makes me so sad. its such a hard struggle. but i always have been and always will be obsessed, fascinated and excited with the entire pregnancy journey. from trying to conceive to the whole 9 months, to the first years. i stopped a pregnant girl at target just to gush over her. and it turned out she was about to pop. she had some concerns and i put her mind at ease. at the end of the conversation she gave me a great big hug. it was just what she needed. that made me so happy! it never gets old to me. lol. i have friends who have pregnant sisters or cousins with pregnant friends and i ask all these questions and want to get to know them but they have no interest. so i have to back off.  lol.

but my friend, i have read all your updates since we first met and you are nothing short of incredible. you are so strong!! i mean here i am struggling with one child when truth be told i have it pretty good. i don't work, my husband is very hands on and works from home 2 days a week, and my parents help out when they can. and here you are with all these obstacles and so much on your plate...i don't know how you do it! but God Bless. you are a special breed my friend. you are proof of what one can accomplish. i use having my kid as an excuse for so many things. but look at you!!! don't ever doubt yourself. i've never met a stronger person than you. your children are blessed to have you.

by the way, whats Reglan and whats SNS? haven't heard of either of those things. all you can do is try. if it doesn't go well, then thats ok! at least you tried! 

Celia S.
on 12/9/13 4:44 am - Grand Junction, CO

Thanks again, girl! :)

Reglan is a drug used to treat GERD, but has the side effect of inducing lactation. SNS = Supplemental Nursing System it's a bottle that's connected to a small tube through which you can give baby formula while they're at the breast so you still get the stimulation of breastfeeding while you're supplementing.

rthomas
on 12/10/13 6:39 pm - bham, AL
Congrats u r almost there!!! I had my third baby in May and she was my first full term baby so I know your pain I still have nerve pain in my right leg!!!
Celia S.
on 12/12/13 2:39 am - Grand Junction, CO

UPDATE: I am officially done with school! Yay!!! Everything else is the same, but the stress of school is gone! WHEW! This was seriously the longest semester of my life!

Rekeca
on 12/16/13 8:21 am - NC

Great update, I am glad everything is going well for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views