28 weeks - Hello third trimester!

Celia S.
on 11/2/13 9:05 am - Grand Junction, CO

Just checking in, ladies. I am now 28 weeks pregnant and seeing my doctor every 2 weeks now. I just completed my modified GTT last Tuesday and hoping for good results when I see my doctor again in a week and 1/2.

My life is still crazy. I have, though, made peace with the end of my marriage and am no longer heartbroken about it. The only sadness I feel is on the part of my daughter loving and missing her daddy. He turned me and my sister in for child abuse and neglect which INFURIATED me! Seriously how dare he! I'm not sure if it was an attempt to get the spotlight off of him for a while or a retaliation thing or both, but where the hell did he think our kids would go if they were taken from me? Not to him! He's not allowed contact with anyone under age 18. They would have ended up in the system! Makes me ill. CPS didn't have any cause for concern, thank goodness, even though they caught me at a time when my house was less-than-perfect looking and I was still in my PJ's. The court case against him is moving terribly slowly. I wi**** were over already. I'm so very ready to be rid of him and able to move on with my life. I'm already having a hard time resisting the urge to start looking for someone else. I don't want a rebound so I know I need to let myself heal completely from this nightmare before I even consider dating or I'm not going to have much luck with it. I need to have a fresh perspective and the ability to trust again instead of cynicism and bitterness leading me.

I am eagerly looking forward to December 12 - end of the semester. I have decided to take Spring semester off as I'm due literally two days after classes start and I'm going to need a chance to adjust to having a newborn again - only this time sans husband and with two other children one of whom will be just shy of 14 months at the time of this baby's arrival. I'm very much looking forward to a much needed break. I am officially at a point in my pregnancy where it is kicking my butt on the daily. I'm so drained all the time it's not even funny. I just want to take a nap but I rarely get the chance to.

It is officially November which means I will have a one year old at the end of the month! **sniffle, sniffle** My boy is growing so fast - working hard on walking and talking. My oldest turned 5 last month. She is a genius! Already reading at about a 3rd grade level and she hasn't even started kindergarten yet! I'm so proud of my kids! They are the best parts of me!

Until next time!

Gorgeous84
on 11/4/13 8:15 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
Thank you for the update! Nice to hear from people on a refular basis on here! I myslef will be posting an update after my appts today as I am 26 weeks along with my first. My wish for you is that this next phase in your life goes as smooth as possible and I have no doubt of your courage and strength to get through! You are very wise to take allll the time you need off!
Take Care!
There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

Latoya L.
on 11/11/13 8:18 am
Well hello, I do believe congrats its definitely do..and girl you will be just fine... I am 40 and 24 wks and so excited about this baby even though it was unexpected..my youngest is 17 and my oldest is about to be 21 iin Jan..I have never felt better than I do this pregnancy..NO morning sickness NO nothing...Once again keep your head up and best wishes..
Rekeca
on 11/12/13 1:55 am - NC

Thanks for the update. Just hold your head up and be strong. Remember this too shall pass. Focus on your lovely children and don't let your soon to be ex take up room in your existence.

MeliT
on 11/25/13 1:24 am - Miami, FL

i live for your updates!!! wow! so much craziness! its so amazing how things can change so quickly. thank goodness his attempt at retaliation didn't work. you have a lot on your plate though. super woman! how do you do it? sheesh! you think it will be easier for the 2 youngest since they won't really remember or know their father? just thank goodness you found out when you did! 

a one year old! my gosh! soon you'll be saying that about baby number 3!!! 

anyway best of luck to you! keep the updates coming! i love them!! thanks for sharing so much of your life with us!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views