Update time! 24 weeks pregnant

Celia S.
on 10/5/13 4:26 am - Grand Junction, CO

Hi, girls!

My life is still way up in the air, but things are getting a little better every day. There are officially criminal proceedings going on against my husband and every day I pray that justice is served. My nephew has not once budged from his story of what's happened and has only added more information while my husband has responded to the allegations primarily with lies and finger pointing which only makes him look more guilty. I have decided to wait on the divorce until after all the criminal stuff is sorted out for a couple of reasons. 1.) a small part of me still hopes that it will come to light that my husband has been falsely accused (though I really don't see that happening) and 2.) having the criminal stuff and civil stuff going on at the same time will be way overwhelming considering I already have so much else going on.

My kids are doing great! My baby boy just turned 10 months old (I can't believe it)! He is getting brave and taking a few steps on her own here and there - he'll be walking in no time, I think! He's developed such a little personality and is getting so big - already wearing primarily 12 month clothes! My daughter, meanwhile, turns 5 tomorrow. Can someone tell me where the last 5 years of my life went? LOL

Baby bean is doing good. I'm finally feeling her move and kick through my anterior placenta, which is nice! I love it! I am now 24 weeks pregnant which means even if I were to give birth tomorrow, she would have an excellent chance at surviving :) Not that I've ever had issues with preterm labor, but yay viability! I went a little more than a week ago for an elective ultrasound just to verify gender since the tech that did my u/s at 19 weeks wasn't completely sure about the girl verdict. We got great shots this time and definite verification that we are having a girl. I'm still torn between a couple of names, but I'm leaning more toward Amaliyah Joy (first name pronounced ah-MAH-lee-uh like Amelia but with an 'ah' sound in place of the e.)

I'll leave you all with pictures of me and the kiddos. Pretty sure the last belly shot I shared here was 17 weeks. I have a side-by-side comparison of that photo with this week's photo - I've grown a LOT even though I'm still right around a 14 pound loss from pre-pregnancy weight so far). I've regained 9 of what I had lost already, so I just might make it back up to pp weight by the time this little princess is born! lol

Sara S.
on 10/6/13 10:00 pm

Just remember to take care of you!!!!

I have been wondering what happen with you.

Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
MeliT
on 10/7/13 2:37 pm - Miami, FL

i loooove your updates!  i just have to say how blown away i am by your strength. you truly amaze me. you have so much on your plate, so much emotional turmoil and stress and you still seem to keep it together. you are my hero. :) *BIG HUGS*

Celia S.
on 10/10/13 2:47 am - Grand Junction, CO

I don't always feel like I'm keeping it all together... just taking everything day by day. Thanks, Meli!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views