I'm back online! Woo Hoo!

Celia S.
on 8/15/13 2:50 pm - Grand Junction, CO

Hi girls! I finally have internet back at my house. Not sure if I've already mentioned this or not, but it's true. Which means I should be around a little more frequently. AND I can post pics now! :)

Can you all believe that Izaak is 8 1/2 months old???? OMG how did that happen? He's got two teeth on the bottom, working on top teeth, crawls, pulls himself up to standing and walks along the furniture. I give it a month before he's off to the races! He's got such a great little personality and is always full of smiles and laughs. Guess his name (which means laughter) fits him well! :)

Spamming my kids:

My big boy:

And here's me - taken today at 17 weeks pregnant and down to 204, though I have a feeling I'm going to start gaining weight soon. Oh, and my hair??? I got a wild notion to get a pixie cut back in May and decided I was brave enough to try it. Well, I LOVED it and have decided to keep it around a while.

MeliT
on 8/17/13 1:43 am - Miami, FL

omg! first of all, i love seeing your posts! glad you have internet! the kids are BEAUTIFUL!! i love their big beautiful eyes!! my benji just turned 8 months and still has no teeth. lol. Izaak looks so diff from when he was a newborn. he has really filled out! 

now, about you, you look AMAZING!!! my gosh!! you look beyong beyong beyond amazing!!! that cut and color is sooooo perfect!!!! its so flattering!! you just look so completely beautiful!!! 

have you found out the sex yet? did i miss that? well keep updating!

Celia S.
on 8/17/13 4:57 am - Grand Junction, CO

Awww, thanks, Meli! You totally made my day! :)

Izaak definitely looks like a different baby and has filled out a LOT! He started out so teeny at 5lb15oz and took FOREVER to start gaining but once he did he took off! He's now 21 pounds! I just had to switch him to a convertible car seat b/c his infant carrier is only to be used up to 22lb! As for Benji not having teeth yet, it's a blessing! More time that he'll be unable to bite you! LOL Carmyn took forever to cut her first teeth, so I was surprised when it happened so young for Izaak.

Thanks again and again and again for your wonderful compliments :) I was so scared to try this cut but I'm so glad I did. I really do love it! I'm still not satisfied with my weight, but I'll get where I want to be eventually I suppose. ;)

Still don't know boy/girl yet. Have an OB appointment on Thursday and we'll get our ultrasound scheduled then. I'm going to push for the soonest possible date, hopefully as early as the next day (Fri 8/23). But we'll see how it works out. I'm really hoping I won't have to wait long. I'm so impatient!

MeliT
on 8/17/13 8:51 am - Miami, FL
Let me just say that you look better now pregnant than I do 8 months post baby. Lol. I sometimes joke I wish I was pregnant again just to lose the weight. Lol. I had the whole experience I wanted the first time where I got to eat what I wanted. And the 2nd time around I would do better having gotten that out of my system. It's taking a really long time for me and I gather it will continue to take long but I'll keep on working towards it. But you look great!!! Enjoy your pregnancy. I'm kind of sad I can't do it with you again! Lol. I loved being pregnant.

Celia S.
on 8/17/13 10:22 am - Grand Junction, CO

I had a really hard time getting back on track, but what finally worked for me (just a couple of weeks before I found out I was pregnant again) is going back to square one. I put myself back on full liquids until I felt confident that I was detoxed from carbs (because OMG they got the best of me for sure during pregnancy). They say it takes 9 months to put on the weight and will take at least that long to get it off. Just keep swimming and I'm sure you'll get back to where you want to be.

So far this pregnancy is soooo different. I craved sweets like crazy while pregnant with Izaak and allowed myself whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. I crave the sweets this time, too, but not as often as I did last time and I find that I can't really tolerate a lot. I have my days where I'm a bottomless pit (I had a day a few days ago where I ate and ate and ATE and got 2300-2400 calories by best guess) but most days I've got most of my restriction and I'm having to force myself to eat. It can get to feeling like a chore. LOL That being said, I am trying to make better choices this time around than I did last, but still allowing myself to give in to cravings when I do have them.

Thanks again and I'm a little sad, too, that we're not in the baby race together this time. I'd say maybe next time, but I'm not sure that we'll be having any more after this one... at least not for a VERY long time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views