Creatinine Clearance test/Preeclampsia...what's your experience?

Rebecca S.
on 8/14/13 1:57 am - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

So, had and appointment yesterday...with a Dr. I have not seen before since my reg OB is on vacation this week!  I was rushing a bit and was nervous since I didn't know the new Dr. and I knew I was getting checked...which I have been nervous about anyways...my blood pressure is always really good...except yesterday it was elevated.  They checked it again and it was still elevated but down from the first time.  

This doc wanted me to do a 24 hour urine collection...even though I have/had no other signs of preeclampsia...so what has been your experience?  How did it turn out for you?  I really want to keep this baby in there another week...at least...my reg has mentioned keeping an eye on things since maybe 1/2x I had some protein in my urine...but she never was overly concerned...not sure what to think...I do NOT want to be induced!   

Please help!

Becca laugh-9/2007laugh-10/2012 (Forever in our !)

Lilypie - (pVjW)Lilypie - (Trlr)

nkjanes78
on 8/14/13 6:24 pm - Norfolk, VA
Your at increased risk for fetal demise stroke and kidney failure if you do have preclampsia. Blood pressure alone is not an indicator and the 24 hour urine is a way to get a more acurate kidney function level. Levels can change overnite so even if it was ok last week it can still be abnormal this week.I had it with both my pregnancies and was induced with both of them. Yes the labor sucked but I hav no natural labor to compare it to but epidurals are your best friend and I highly reccomend one if your induced.

Rebecca S.
on 8/15/13 7:52 am - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

Thanks for the reply...I know that if I have to be induced, I just have to be!  I don't like it...but if its best for baby...I will just have to do it!  (Doesn't mean I like it though!  Lol!). Got a call from the dr.s nurse...doing an ultrasound (I think for me...not baby) and an NST after...then I will meet with the Dr again after all of that!  I asked the nurse about my results and being induced and she said it won't necessarily mean I will need to be...so holding out hope!   Thanks for sharing you experience!  

twert80
on 8/15/13 4:11 am

Well I had BP problems with my #2 in the third trimester around 34wks (if memory serves me right).  Spilled a little protein in the urine once so did 24hr and was fine.  Dr explained that kidneys flub up occasionally and do that which is why it's more accurate to due the 24hr.  So basically had to do weekly non-stress test (due to the fact elevated BP can cause calcification of the umbilical cord decreasing blood flow to baby) and they monitored the BP.  Water broke at 37wks and ended up with c-section but not due to BP related complications.   Hope this helps ease your mind a little.  Good Luck!

Tiff

Rebecca S.
on 8/15/13 8:00 am - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

Thanks for sharing your experience...it does help ease some anxiety!  My BP is usually really good...I had to race to my appt from downstairs where I get my allergy shots...so am sure that was part of it...and I was nervous to see someone new!  My urine came back ok...there was something that was slightly elevated but not out of normal...but from reading online there are a few reasons why that can be and I do have an autoimmune disease...which was one of them!  I asked the nurse today on the phone about it and she said it won't necessarily mean an induction...depends on tomorrow's tests!  Have an ultrasound (for me...I think...not baby) and another NST!  Then I will talk with the dr after!  Hoping for the best!

thanks again for the reply!

nkjanes78
on 8/15/13 11:48 am - Norfolk, VA
That all sounds encouraging. I know with my son whom I had at the navel hospital here in va obgyn was seriouselly about a 1/2 - 3/4 walk from the garage and since my b/p was elevated from the preclampsia I made sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early so my pulse and b/p could go back down from my hike lol. Ill be thinking of you tomorrow

Rebecca S.
on 8/15/13 11:49 pm, edited 8/16/13 2:05 am - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

Thank you...done with the ultrasound...it was a biophysical...the ultrasound tech was AWESOME!  Doing an NST right now then talking to the Dr.  Then I hope to go home and rest!   Hoping for the best!  Going to try to relax as much as I can right now before I see the Dr.!  Thanks for the encouragement!  ( just took a BP reading...was 116/74...will see what it's like in a few minutes when I see the dr. )

Edit for update:  went really good actually...BP was good tody...ultrasound and NST went well.   All in all dr was happy!  Yeah...no induction!  So happy!!!  Thanks everyone!   :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1276 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views