10 months post op thinking about pregnan

desireelynn
on 4/11/13 2:59 pm
RNY on 06/26/12

Hi everyone! Lets hope something posts this time since it looks like everything I typed didn't post!! So I am 10 months post op Rny and my husband and I are thinking that we want to start trying for a kid,however I have not been on any form of birth control since January and I still have not gotten pregnant now I know my body is most likely just trying to get back to "normal" but I'm just wondering maybe I'm not fertile? Maybe I'm not ovulating! I was thinking about making an appt when I'm off for summer break from work in June to seemy OBGYN but I'm wondering from all of you do you know if there are tests they can run to see if you are ovulating? See if your fertile? I know that I can go to a fertility clinic and pay a pretty penny for them to run all kinda of tests but since I really don't have the money i was hoping to just ask my OBGYN to run them please let me know what kind of options are out there for finding out if I can even have a child! 

"Suck it up and someday you wont have to suck it in"

Rebecca S.
on 4/11/13 11:18 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

First off I just want to say I know nothing about fertility issues since I didn't have too much trouble conceiving my babies. It took us about 6 months total for each with a loss before each sticky baby!  I am just wondering why you want to wait to see your Ob/Gyn until June?  If you are not on any Birth Control now and you are planning on a baby in the near future why don't you go see him/her now?  It really is best to see one 'before' getting pregnant. Then you could get all your answers right away and make sure everything in that dept is healthy and ready.  Since you are not using any BC I would suggest if you haven't already to start taking prenatal vitamins and folic acid...from what I have heard 3 mo prior to getting pregnant is best.  (I have always been taking them...at least a good year before my first baby and just continued). I have NO idea about any tests since I didn't have those issues, so I hope someone can answer that for you.  Don't know how well they work or how effective they are but First Response does have a test you can buy...by the pregnancy Tests (you pee on them just like a pg test) that tests for fertility.  I know nothing about them...but maybe check it out...or you could do ovulation tests to see if you are ovulating...just a thought. 

Anyway, good luck and hope someone with more experience with that can help you.  :)

Becca laugh-9/2007laugh-10/2012 (Forever in our !)

Lilypie - (pVjW)Lilypie - (Trlr)

Alice P.
on 4/12/13 12:06 am

Do you get your period regularly?  The easiest way to see if you are ovulating is to do basal body temperatures daily for several months here is a quick link I found http://www.babycenter.com/chart-basal-body-temperature-and-cervical-mucus

There are also ovulation predictor kits where you pee on a stick to see if you are ovulating but they don't help if your period is not regular.

Are you still loosing weight?  It took me over 2 yrs to feel my hormones were leveling off after surgery.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views