Start my first ever dose of Clomid today...Yikes!

jessann5
on 3/6/13 12:11 am - Kansas City, KS

Well almost 3 years of infertility, and a diagnoses of PCOS,  has come down to this first attempt at pregnancy with medical intervention. I start Clomid today, and then a medication called estradiol that is inserted vaginaly for 5 days, then an ultra sound at day 15 and if there are follicles present, an HCG injection..

I am nervous.....I am afraid to hope because I think the disappointment of failure would kill me.  I feel so strange like, this isn't really happening to me or something, it's so hard to explain.

I am not a jealous person, it's just not my nature, but I find myself so green with jealousy at every pregnant women I meet that is is hard for me to even look at them, and I hate that! it's just not like me to act that way and I feel ashamed of myself for it.

As always, I know I can open up to my OH friends because you all understand like no one else does. Thanks for reading this, I am just in a tense moment and the feeling of insecurity is really effecting me today.

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Paula622
on 3/6/13 3:04 am

Good luck!

Don't beat yourself up for feeling jealous.  It is a perfectly normal emotion, one I think most women struggling with infertility feel.  Your time will come!  Before you know it, all of this will be a distant memory!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/13 4:41 am
Good luck with the clomid!!!!! I too am seeing a doctor to help us get pregnant, though i do not have pcos. I started with 50mg of clomid which was ineffective for making me ovulate. I was then bumped to 100mg which did make my O according to lab results but I didn't get pregnant. So we moved to an RE and this cycle I took clomid 100mg cd 3-7plus trigger shot on CD 9. I had a sono on cd9 which showed 2 good follicles, one being a 20 :-). I triggered that night and I am now cd13. I did start progesterone suppositories today as well. Hope your road to a BFP is short ;) keep us updated :) Also, on clomid I had no symptoms... except for being dryer than a dessert. We used preseed to combat that.
Tina W.
on 3/7/13 2:23 am - GA
shrinking_sarah
on 3/8/13 3:18 am - CA

Best wishes to you! 

The jealousy is hard.  I had a hard time with the fact that I felt jealous, too, because it made me feel petty and small. 

Infertility is hard, but it sounds like you are on a great path to getting pregnant.  Fingers crossed for you!

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Sara S.
on 3/11/13 2:45 am

If Clomid doesn't work, (which it didn't with me and I had PCOS). Have them switch you to Femara... usually when you have PCOS clomid doesn't always work.

We used femara and have two beautiful babies now.

Good Luuc.

Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views