Shaelyn Update Sept 21

Sherry-Lynn L.
on 9/21/12 6:49 pm - Barrie, Canada
Hey Everyone!!!

Shaelyn is doing awesome.  We actually got a weekend pass to go home-home today.  We have been at the Ronald McDonald House for two weeks tomorrow with her and we got our weekend pass today.  This means that if Shaelyn continues to excel than we could be permently home-home within a very short time (like the next couple of weeks), we will still have to travel down to Sick Kids (an hour and 10 mins away) every week for transplant clinic, not a problem, it means closer to normallity for us.  She is finally beginning to gain weight, up to 8lbs 2oz now.  She was 7lbs 1oz at birth on the 9th of July, then a week later due to her illness she was 6lbs 5oz, then even lower from being so ill but we never actually got a weight on her.  So at 2 months she is under weight but is in the catch up program now and is gaining steadily for now about an ounce a day.  She is on extra calories to gain so quickly.  She has nice round cheeks and thighs...lol.

Anyway this is our update this round, life is becoming busy, but we are loving it!!!

Picture from last week while we were out for a stroll

Sherry-Lynn   

DD July 9th, 2012 7lbs 1oz

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Paula622
on 9/21/12 8:00 pm
So happy to hear such great news!  It will seem like the blink of an eye before she is a healthy toddler running all over the place and all of this is just a distant memory!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

windowsdown
on 9/22/12 6:06 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
Praise GOD!! I'm so very happy that Shaelyn is doing so well AND you guys get to take her home on a pass this weekend! WOW! that is awesome What a little fighter you guys have. And she is absolutley beautiful!!!! This news has made my weekend. Thank you for the update.
Celia S.
on 9/23/12 10:16 am - Grand Junction, CO
So happy to hear Shaelyn continues to improve! Prayers that you will, indeed, be "Home-home" soon!
She's beautiful!
Sarah V.
on 9/24/12 3:46 am
Oh YAY!!!  I keep checking in here for updates and I'm so thrilled for this happy news!  What a story your little miracle is going to have to tell someday.

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

Nikki M.
on 9/24/12 4:52 am
Yay!!! Praise God! I'm so happy for you and your family that Shaelyn is doing so well!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tamiissunshine
on 9/24/12 12:25 pm - Halsey, OR
I am so happy to hear that she is doing good!!!!! She's adorable too!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

jennifer_rpn
on 9/26/12 8:59 am
Doing a happy dance for you and your hubby, so glad she is doing well   Will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers her way!

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
linda.traxler
on 9/27/12 7:14 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Sherry Lynn,

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you that she is doing so well!  God be praised!!  Am sooooo happy for you and your family and will continue to hold you in our prayers!!  Have an awesome time enjoying the weekend pass, and I hope all goes well!!!
Jennifer H.
on 10/2/12 8:50 am - stockton, CA
She is beautiful god bless her!

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1285 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 882 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1354 views