PLEASE PRAY FOR SHAELYN-Updated

Sherry-Lynn L.
on 7/22/12 2:14 am, edited 7/22/12 11:51 pm - Barrie, Canada

Hi Girls,

Not so good news.  Shaelyn was flown from our local hospital to the Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto, Ontario last night.  She is stable but seriously ill.  We found out she has a Congenital Heart Defect.  Don't have too many details at the moment and will update more as we get the information.  She is facing open Heart surgery within the next day or so.  The first of many apparently.  Please pray for our baby girl.  18 years waiting for her and she has got one giant battle ahead of her.  She was Baptized this morning, and is currently holding her own.  She is heavily sedated, and being kept comfortable at the moment.  Sorry for the rambling, I am very emotional as to be expected and a wreck.  Will update as soon as I can.

Monday's Update:
Shaelyn is a trooper, hanging in there, Mom & Dad not so much, we are trying but it is so hard to see her all hooked up on a ventilator and such.  So many wires and tubes, it is so heart breaking.  The type of Heart Defect she has is called "Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome"  It basically means her left side of her heart did not develop properly.  All was good when we brought her home and at about 10-11 days her fetal holes finished closing and this is when she started getting sick.  Her heart  could not pump her blood for her body.  She will be having open heart surgery, her cardiac team will be discussing her case later this morning and deciding on their method of surgery.  Keep us in your prayers please, we have a long journey ahead of us and a definate 3 heart surgeries, one being any time now, then one at 4-6 months old and he 3rd when she is roughly 2-3 years old.  Hopefully that will be it, but she may need more after that.  We can only hope and pray.  Shaelyn is strong willed and fighting, we are praying she continues, 18 years waiting for her we are not giving her back!!!  Will update again soon, going to go home today if no surgery to grab some more supplies and electronic stuff so I can post some pics of her in her baptism gown from yesterday.  Love you all and thanks for praying for us.

Sherry-Lynn   

DD July 9th, 2012 7lbs 1oz

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

MeliT
on 7/22/12 2:26 am - Miami, FL
 oh my gosh....i'm so sorry to hear about that. poor baby. i'll keep you both in my prayers. just stay strong. i have faith that she will be ok. 

reianondillard
on 7/22/12 2:31 am
Prayers are being sent to Shaelyn and for your family.
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/12 2:37 am
Praying hard!!!!!
Celia S.
on 7/22/12 3:58 am - Grand Junction, CO
Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear about Shaelyn's heart. You all are in my prayers.
Paula622
on 7/22/12 5:28 am
Prayers to you and your family! 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Nikki M.
on 7/22/12 7:15 am
I'm praying for you guys Sherry-Lynn! This is so unexpected! Please keep us updated and try to take care of yourself the best you can!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LogansMommy
on 7/22/12 8:43 am - Marietta, GA
Sherry-Lyn,

I'll be praying for you all!
Cheri
megaflu
on 7/22/12 9:34 am - Bedford, PA
I'll be praying for you all as your little girl goes through all of this.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
tamiissunshine
on 7/22/12 11:10 am - Halsey, OR
Praying for her and your family!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1285 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 882 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1354 views