UH OH

Sherry-Lynn L.
on 6/18/12 3:08 am - Barrie, Canada
I have moved to the last square on my ticker, NOW I AM SCARED!!! LOL I am having my GBS done this Wednesday, and an in office u/s to check Shaelyn's position. EEK, it almost baby time!!! I have 8 more days of work - the rest of this week and 4 next week then I don't go bac****il September 4th. I just have to make it through the next 8 days and this heatwave!!! Then come on Baby Girl make your appearance!!!

So So Close!!!

I have packed as of yesterday, taking my Game boy advance to kill some time, have yahtzee which is a multiplayer or self player game so I can play while I am comfortable (yah right...lol). I also have a deck of cards, and a word search book. Not taking a novel though, won't be able to concentrate that well!!! Looking for any other ideas. I also packed some hard candies for the dry mouth. Toiletries, pads, breast pads, robe, nightie (probably just wear theirs though), undies, going home outfit, slippers and socks. Debating on taking my pillow or not. Camera, cable for computer, and batteries. Also taking Shaelyn's baby book as there is a page for hand and foot prints so I will see if they will stamp her in there too when they do theirs. Going to compile a list of songs for my archos (like an ipod) and put on an audio book maybe, tune out the world. It is also big enough to put a few movies on so may do that too. Anything to beat the bordom....LOL

As for Shaelyn's bag, formula (they don't supply the one I would like to use so taking my own premixed ready to feed newborn bottles), bottles, liners, diapers, going home outfit, sleepers (enough for 4 days in case of c-section) wipes, diaper care kit (lotion, baby oil, diaper cream, vaseline, powder- basically the kit out of her diaper bag), receiving blankets, blanket, undershirts, beanie hats (that is what I call those little caps) pacifier. That is all I can remember for now.

Just finished putting the car seat in the van with the baby mirror, now it seems to real to be true.  I think I am set except for DH getting the stroller down off the shelf in the garage.  It will not be going in the van as of yet, but will have it ready to go in at a moments notice or if I am feeling up to it we will be walking soon after her arrival with luck.  Will start out easy than work up to the 3 miles.  LOL  of course depending on the amount of flow and everything else that comes with having a baby.

Sherry-Lynn   

DD July 9th, 2012 7lbs 1oz

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sarah V.
on 6/18/12 10:04 am
Wow...it's really going fast. 

I took my own nightie which was comfy...until I wanted to take it off and still had an IV in my arm.  I really wished I had just worn a hospital gown.  So, I'd skip the nightie and robe because you probably won't use them and it's just more crap to haul in and out of the hospital.  You probably already have one in there but a nursing bra assuming you're planning to nurse.  I don't like to go braless. 

I was really glad I packed snacks...I couldn't eat anything until after the baby was born but it came in very handy for DH and my sister and then afterwards, I was really hungry.  I got trail mix and nuts and stuff from Trader Joe's.  I also took my laptop because I start to hyperventilate if I feel disconnected for more than 5 minutes...silly since I have an iPhone and really didn't need the computer.

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

Sherry-Lynn L.
on 6/19/12 7:17 am - Barrie, Canada
I will probably grab bananas on the way out the door, can't pack those yet lol.  As for DH he said not to worry about him, he will look after his own.  Good Luck with that!!!!

Sherry-Lynn   

linda.traxler
on 6/19/12 2:28 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Man oh man I can't believe you're that far along!!  I also can't believe my son will be 3 months old on Friday!!

Hope all continues to go smoothly and you have a beautiful birth!!
Sherry-Lynn L.
on 6/19/12 7:15 am - Barrie, Canada
Thankks for the wishes, I am hoping things go smoothly too, wow 3 months already!!!  Time goes too fast!!!

Sherry-Lynn   

Hollywog
on 6/19/12 4:48 am
Lip balm and hand lotion...never leave home without them.

Best wishes.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Sherry-Lynn L.
on 6/19/12 7:14 am - Barrie, Canada
Yup also packed that...thanks

Sherry-Lynn   

laurawilson25
on 6/23/12 2:23 am - Groves, TX
 I brought nightgowns and pjs that I could nurse in. The nurse encouraged me to change out of the hospital gown and into my own clothes. It was fine. I agree with packing the snacks. I couldn't have anything during labor and delivery, but afterward and for the next few days, you'll be on 3 meals a day on the hospital's schedule. I don't eat that way - most wls folks don't, so that was pretty inconvenient. I get you about it seeming so real. My dr. told me 2 weeks early that he thought it would be any day now, so I spent 2 weeks getting things soo prepared. Turns out I was induced on my due date :)  Once you get through the delivery, you get to have your baby! It's great!

Amelia born full term May 15, 2012. 7 lbs, 2 oz. 11 lbs left to lose to make pre-baby weight.

And what does the LORD require of you?; To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. 
Micah 6:8  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views