FTM concerned about breastfeeding help

CATHERINE81
on 3/7/12 12:50 am - BROCKTON, MA

Hello everyone im a little concerned about breastfeeding my boobs neadless to say have flattene since rny and heres my issue im very tiny my waiste is 5/7 before preggo i have alot of excess skin and my ob said i havent popped yet but you can tell i am preggo heres pics below. my concern is i read and hear about breasts getting bigger and fuller with pregnancy im 26w4days and mine are same. am i going to be able to breastfeed im already concerned enough becase she said depending on jayaunas size weight wise im proberly going to have to have a csection which i was concerned about. has anyone else have this concern with breastfeeding,

meet jayauna theresa 26w3days 2.6 pounds
me below at 5.5 months

i do wear a slim thing to help my back but according to my doc i havent popped yet > lol

Brooklynnsmom
on 3/7/12 1:03 am - Bellevue, NE
If you are concerned--take a breastfeeding class offered through the hospital.  They can give you lots of extra tips and pointers.  Some important keys to it all is water, water, water!!!  You need lots of fluid to make milk!  Another thing is-try not to supplement, nurse when baby girl want to.  It is a supply and demand system.  Your body adjusts to how much she wants.  If she wants more, your body will produce more. 

As far as your size, don't worry about that- You will seem like you "double" in size once your milk comes in! 

Debbie
CATHERINE81
on 3/7/12 1:54 am - BROCKTON, MA
ok that makes sense so i might not have gotten my milk yet... sorry im so new at this lol i get wic and im waiting for my breastfeeding class.

thank you for info i appreciate it
catherine
windowsdown
on 3/7/12 1:03 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
I have no answers to your question...just wanted to say OMG....your baby GURL is absolutely gorgeous!!! AMAZING that you can already see her cute features on that pic. CONGRATS again to you.
CATHERINE81
on 3/7/12 1:56 am - BROCKTON, MA
ty mamma i was in tears when i saw the 4d pic she looks just like her father. cheeks nose and all when he gets picture hell be happy lol told him over phone last night and already saying daddys girl lol
Dev *.
on 3/7/12 1:45 am - Austin, TX
The ability to breast feed isn't tied to the size of your breasts. If things are a bit floppy, it can make positioning harder, and for that you might what to consult a lactation nurse. I didn't notice any real change in the size of my breasts until after my milk came in, after the birth. Especially if this is your first, don't worry if you don't see a size change happening prior to that.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

CATHERINE81
on 3/7/12 1:57 am - BROCKTON, MA
ok thank you i had it all wrong i thought they should be full now a lil confusing thank you
Dev *.
on 3/7/12 2:52 am - Austin, TX
I think some people have some fullness prior, but most don't. It may make a difference whether it's your first or a later one. I've noticed a little more fullness this time when I had none with the first baby.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/12 1:49 am - Woodbridge, VA
Breast size is irrelevant. Milk actually doesn't come in until a day or two AFTER you give birth for many women. I am 37 weeks along, and my boobs have not gotten bigger AT ALL. I was a B cup pre-pregnancy and am still wearing the same bras today (and I'm not filling them up any more than I did before!).
CATHERINE81
on 3/7/12 2:01 am - BROCKTON, MA
im in the same boat im in a c and oush up bras do wonders lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1260 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views