c-sections

usmcwife414
on 3/22/11 11:38 am - Jacksonville, NC
 I noticed that a lot of mamas here are having c-sections. Is this typical from weight loss surgery? 
plusizedbarbie
on 3/22/11 11:53 am - Manahawkin, NJ
No it's not typical for WLS.  It is typical for the hospital system not a days witht he national c-section rate being 40%
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

IamMrsMcDole
on 3/22/11 12:09 pm - Anderson, IN
I had a normal vaginal birth
Jess

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 12:23 pm - Myrtle Beach, SC
I was a c-section, but it had nothing to do with the RNY surgery. My baby was in the posterior position (face up/ spine to spine) and refused and could not come down and engage entirely. I got to 6-7 cm and was 100% effaced, but he never left the -2 station. My Dr felt that a c-section was the only way to get him out without having to go the route of a vacuum or forceps assistance..
Lexa321
on 3/22/11 12:36 pm - weston, FL
i had 2 vaginal... both post wls
usmcwife414
on 3/22/11 1:15 pm - Jacksonville, NC
 Okay good. I know c-section rates are insane. I want to have a natural birth for our next baby like I did with my son, so I was getting a little worried!
shrinkingarmywife77
on 3/22/11 8:03 pm - Lyman, SC
I'm c-section but it also has nothing to do with WLS...my pre WLS children were both c-sections, so this is a repeat.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lianne C.
on 3/23/11 1:47 am - Garden City, MI
I had a natural birth with this one. My doctors did not even consider a c-section but for a minute, and that was due to the baby's size, not my RNY.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
apryldee
on 3/24/11 3:06 am - houston, TX
I had a c-section but it had nothing to do with my rny. My daughter just wasnt tolerating the contractions I was having and having majior dislarations so we agreed a c-section would be best.

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

Ralph Z.
on 3/24/11 1:18 pm
Hi Apryl,
2 questions for you if you please,

after a c section, can you use tampons or do you have to use the pads?- I had a c section 6plus years ago and can remember using pads in the hospital for monitoring blood loss but lost all memory after that!! I am having a repeat section - I bought pads today at Target just in case.

Also -how long do they keep you in the hospital post- section if all goes well.(my son was born in UK,  so discharge time tend to be much quicker over there),

thanks,
Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views