dreams during pregnancy??

Liz R.
on 5/13/09 9:46 pm - Easton, PA
OK So I am 6 weeks along - last night around 2am I woke up crying, had a dream that I had a baby with 2 faces, one in the front and 1 in the back! I never did get back to sleep, it was so vivid I felt like I was actually holding this baby. He was tiny and had these 2 faces. Everytime I closed my eyes I would see him again so I have been awake since. Oy!! Anyone else have wierd dreams about the child that they are carrying and any Mommies have dreams that revealed the sex of the baby that were confirmed when they were actually born??? Oh and I woke up hungry and nauseous too - something only women who are/have been pregnant can truly appreciate!

Thanks!

Liz
"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/13/09 10:12 pm - Laurel, MD
I can relate!! throughout the pregnancy I've had the most strange & weird dreams!! to say the least. "They" say it's normal??? All kinds of "wacky" stuff & happenings. Sorry- it kept you woke, when you need all your rest. My dreams got me to thinking?? What on earth?? Hormones are something else huh??
Peace. jbug Be prepared for them to get more strange & vivid.

"jbug"

SassySamara
on 5/13/09 10:43 pm - San Antonio, TX
I had very vivid dreams when pregnant, good and bad.....nothing I think you can do about them and a lot of times I think it has to do with our overactive imaginations and thoughts...will it be boy/girl, will it look like me or him, big or small, lots of hair no hair....all that causes a traffic jam in the brain!

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Pam Hart
on 5/13/09 10:46 pm - Easton, PA
Liz,

I can only imagine this is normal.  The only thing I can relate it to is when I was planning our wedding - the dreams I had about it - one of them entailed me picking up my wedding dress only to find that they had given mine away and the only dress left in the store was a pale yellow sundress (for a november wedding)

I hope tonights sleep is better!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
floflo1981
on 5/13/09 10:55 pm - Huntsville, AL
I am a wuss in the worst kind of way...i have had several weird dreams since finding out I was pregnant...to the point of being afraid to fall asleep cause I don't know what kind of dreams i am going to have...I have been told it is perfectly normal doesn't help me trying to go to sleep though lol

Sorry I am not more help,
Flora

Lilypie - (zx1x)

Pre-op 284/Current 180/Goal 145  5'5
Surgery Date:April 23, 2007

Shauna S.
on 5/13/09 11:32 pm - Amsterdam, NY
I have had dreams as well. The night I had my first external u/s and the baby would not show his face, he kept turning everytime the tech went to get a glimpse - I had a dream that I had a baby with no face at all - just a head on a body - like a blank Mr. Potato Head. We were also told at that appointment that he did not see any boy parts, so I was under the assumption that I was carrying a girl. I went and bought one outfit and one onesie. That night I had a dream that I was at my high school and I was a football mom and my SO was taking pictures of me with my son after the game was over. A week later I found out that I was definitely carrying a boy when I had my level II u/s.

I think it's just the pregnancy hormones raging. Dont' stress yourself out about them though. Just enjoy being pregnant because it goes by sooooooooooooo quickly.

Dev *.
on 5/14/09 12:09 am - Austin, TX

A couple nights ago I dreamt that I had my baby and he was about the size of a baby bird (and looked similar as well****pt trying to nurse him, but he wasn't getting any bigger, and I realized it was because I wasn't making any milk yet (which is the 2nd dream I've had about not being able to make milk).

Sex hasn't been an issue in my dreams...it's always MUCH weirder than that!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

tripmom02
on 5/14/09 1:49 am - NJ
Right about the same stage as you are now I had a dream that I was giving birth, and when they brought me the baby the arms and legs where in the wrong place, and I told the nurse that something was wrong, and she said "Oh that, see its like Mr. Potato Head, you can just move them around" and (thank god!) I woke up before she could show me how to fix them LOL They are crazy hormone dreams at this point, and the bad thing is that they don't stop. I still have some very vivid and bizzare dreams.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

impulseisbeauty
on 5/14/09 2:19 am - Westminster, MD
I have weird dreams alot! I find that if i can joke about it, or figure out why... they don't bother me as much.

For yours, I would have said something about having Janus for a baby and tried to go back to sleep.

Last night I dreamed a was beating a movie star to a pulp with a 2x4! (probably b/c I was flipping through a magazine at the checkout)

Gotta love those hormones.

My sister has 'dreams' that are very vivid and seems to be right about the sex. She's been saying since about 6 weeks, that it was a boy... She's been right everytime with all her friends and stuff so far. I still don't put too much stock in it all.

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

Shauna S.
on 5/14/09 2:46 am - Amsterdam, NY
Be careful with your sisters predictions - my sister is the EXACT same way. Two nights after I told her I was pregnant, she had a dream that she came home (she lives in Brooklyn, we live by Albany) and there were pink balloons and I was holding a baby girl. She was so bummed when I called and told her that I was having a boy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1261 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views