Toddler and Newborn advice.

vwilliams
on 5/14/09 11:25 pm
I am due August 2, and my other daughter Nylah will be 16 months old. I am completely freaked out after watching "A Baby Story" this morning and the couple had a 22 month old and newborn and they were COMPLETELY overwhelmed. Can anyone give me words of advice/wisdom for when my second arrives. I am kind of in panic mode now and before watching that everything was fine. Is it that much more difficult managing two, Nylah will be going to daycare 3 days/week because its the minimum to keep her spot. I think that will be good for her also then it dosen't really impose on her schedule to badly. I want to hear the good/bad to your stories/experiences. Thank you ladies!
jgirlatlaw
on 5/14/09 11:30 pm, edited 5/14/09 11:31 pm - Traverse City, MI
Stop watching Baby Story.  

My twins will be 15 months old when this baby arrives.   It's not that bad.   You will be just fine. 

Take a breath, lol.   For the first few weeks it's going to be chaos, but once you get into a routine it will be a piece of cake.  
 Lilypie - (aHMk) Lilypie - (jhN1)
vwilliams
on 5/14/09 11:34 pm
Thanks...twins YIKES that would scare the sh*t out of me...literally LOL Congrats btw.!!
Stacey H.
on 5/15/09 12:29 am - Brooklyn Park, MN
Hi there! Well, this is strictly MY opinion. I'm not going to sugar-coat it. It was my reality. My first 2 girls are 20 months apart. I have to say that the first few months of baby #2's life was a blur. Aleah had severe jealousy issues with her sister. She loved her baby sister, but I could not leave her alone in the same room with the baby. She slapped her more than a few times, LOL. It's not like that with everyone, of course...but the first few months you will be coasting. Lean on your friends and family for support and accept help if you need it. As hard as it was for me, nothing can match the love a new baby brings to the family. It will be just fine. Hugs....

Stacey proud mama to Aleah, Allison, Austin, AnnikaAndrew

vwilliams
on 5/15/09 2:25 am
Thank you Stacy!
Brianna L.
on 5/15/09 2:31 am - Hesperia, CA
I hear you, mine will 18 months apart when this little guy comes out, I have been freaking out since the day I found out I was pregnant (we thought we were done having kids..lol.) My Son and Daughter are 9 years apart and  it's so nice to have his help, I always said I would never have kids close in age because this Mommy wouldn't be able to handle it, I think God is trying to prove something to me.....we will see who wins...lol. I can't wait to read the advice you get.

Brianna  RNY 9-25-06 / Pre-Op.253lbs / Current...155lbs.
Wife to Robert, Mom to... Jacob (11 yrs)  Zoë (22 mo) and Niklas Ryan Born 8/26/09

Kelly T.
on 5/15/09 3:16 am - Yucaipa, CA
My boys are 22 months apart and it was pure chaos for a while.  It was hard!  When the baby would cry, so would the other one.  He loved his brother but didn't like sharing the attention.  I don't remember exact details but it was really hard for a while.  I was overwhelmed and stressed. 

Somehow we make it through and lived for the fights and chaos of having a 6 & 8 year old.  :)

It'll be fine - don't worry yourself crazy.  You'll figure out what works for your family.

vwilliams
on 5/15/09 3:50 am
I have to keep reminding myself that the new baby isnt going to come out a 1 year old..LOL I just think its going to be easy because my 13 month old is soooo incredibly easy that I feel like this one will just pop out and start playing with her..um reality check!
Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/15/09 4:15 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh man - I hear you! Bailey will be 22 months old with Bella comes - an is already a total pill about the whole Sissy thing. Sometimes she comes over to kiss my belly and say sissy - other times she just walks up and starts slapping! It will be intresting to see how it goes. I am going to try to plan and purchase activitites, games, crafts in advance that I can do with Bailey while Bella is sleeping so she still has some special time. Oh and I am going to make my mother be here all the time! LOL!
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

vwilliams
on 5/15/09 7:29 am
Good idea...my mom lives a few houses up so yes i will call her often...lol and i go back to work after 12 weeks all i can hope is by that point baby sleeps through the night.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1261 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1338 views