Stroller/ Car Seat Combo

Strgln2B Me
on 5/14/09 12:00 am - TN
I'm looking for an inexpensive but not cheap (mid- range) stroller with a car seat that attaches. I guess I don't want it to be too cheap and break before I have a chance to use it good. But I also don't want to spend $300 on it when I have other things to buy. Anyone have any ideas where to look? What also concerns me is the safety of both, where can I find out about that? Oh yeah, any suggestions regarding a Pack 'N Play? It doesn't really need all the bells and whistles does it? Thanks in advance.

Just-Jenn
on 5/14/09 12:19 am - Midstate Region, PA
Car Seat- Sorry no great suggestions, mine was expensive (but I still didn't like it).  Pack and Play- I have to say that we mostly use this as a changing table.  As a newborn my DD never slept in it except when we went on vacation.  Now that DD is starting to crawl, we'll see if I find it useful.  But I would say one with a changing table is great...it has saved my back lots of strain. Never used the lights, or music attachable thing they had with it...to me that was worthless. Sometimes there are used childrens clothing stores, and a lot of those sell baby gear / equipment / gagets.  YOu can get great deals most of the time, and they don't accept junk items. Happy Shopping.

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

amykic
on 5/14/09 12:57 am - spencer, MA
Hello there! I have the baby trend brand, it is a little heavy to carry but he is so secure in it. I love the carriage, very sturdy but I kind of wish I bought the jogger stroller to go with the car seat instead (we walk on a rail trail alot, dirt roads). I do love it though. This is the type I have just mine is orange and gray. The car seat handle has a triangle shape handle on the top for easier holding, so I do recommend getting one with the triangle handle so you don't hurt your wrist.

Baby Trend - Travel System, Nambia

For a pack and play, I use it all the time. I love the changing table to it. We have it in our living room and that is where Max sleeps during the day. Its just me during the day so I like to have him near by instead of constantly running up stairs to check on him. This is the one I have, the only complaint I have is that the musical mobile sucks on it, the music only last about 20 seconds.  Have fun shopping!!!!!

Graco Pack 'n Play Portable Playard - Nouvelle - Graco  - Babies

Lilypie - (yMzl) 
Lilypie - (G8Gh) Little Angel  8/14/09  ectopic

Spencerb52
on 5/14/09 1:20 am
I was on bedrest and did most of my shopping online.  Local stores may have better prices.  Ours didn't, even when you figure shipping costs into the price.  Here's where I bought our Gracco stroller/car seat combo, but it was on the more expensive side.  They have overstock pricing and often run some great promotions - as well as free shipping over $100:

http://www.albeebaby.com/

As far as the pack-n-play, I bought a smaller version GRACO Travel Lite and LOVE it!  It was $80.   It is small enough to fit through doorways (so I can wheel him into the bathroom if I need to shower), but big enough so he can scoot around at night.  Folds easily and very portable.

Graco Travel Lite Crib - Marlowe

Jo
DS:9 yrs old / DD:5 yrs old / DS: 1 yr old

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
impulseisbeauty
on 5/14/09 2:24 am - Westminster, MD
My friend with 5 kids recommended the COSCO brand to us, it's probably one of the cheapest, but she said it has been very sturdy and hasn't been recalled or broken. It's what we are going to get. It's 120.00 at walmart or target.

No idea on the pack n play, a friend gave me hers.

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

Shauna S.
on 5/14/09 2:50 am - Amsterdam, NY
I'm sorry I don't remember if you're having a boy or a girl but this is the set that I got (it's for a boy) - my mom paid $180 for it and it has all the safety features recommended. I haven't been able to put a baby in it but it's light, folds easily, and moves great.

Graco - Alano Travel System, Berkley
I also got the matching pack n play - it's a smaller version, perfect for traveling and what not. It was $90 - also at Walmart.

Graco - Travel Lite Crib, Berkley

Bookworm5648
on 5/14/09 3:19 am - Manassas Park, VA
I got the Graco snugride carseat/stroller combo for when I had my 1st kid over 2 years ago.  Now that I use a double stroller, I just had to get a Graco one that is compatible with the snugride carseat, which was easy to find.  Graco products are fairly easy to use, too.

I got a Fisher Price Ocean Wonders pack and play when I had my 1st kid, and it had the attachable bassinet part for the top so you wouldn't have to bend down the whole way to pick up a newborn after giving birth. Then you just remove the bassinet part when they get too big.  Mine also came with a light up, moving and musical fish mobile.

Check out craigslist.com.  I get stuff off of there all the time.  But just be careful when buying a carseat, because they do 'expire' after so many years and if it was in a car accident it shouldn't be used anymore.  Maybe you can buy a brand new carseat and a used stroller and pack and play.  I see a million of them for sale on there alot.

Good luck!

*Stacy*

preview image        preview image

vwilliams
on 5/14/09 4:22 am
I have an GRACO infant carseat (black/tan) with a car base that I would gladly send to you, although I don't know how much it would be for shipping (what state do you live in?). It matches my double stroller but I am using my pretty pink carseat instead (I dont care if it matches). Then possibly you could just look for the single stroller that matches, most graco car seats fit graco strollers; that should be much cheaper than purchasing the entire system.

Let me know.

Pack N Play - Walmart $50.00 (its blue with frogs but like other posters said I just used it as a changing table and now its in the closet, I am not even using it this time around.
Cali_SL
on 5/14/09 5:33 am - Los Angeles, CA
I've always been happy with Graco products. You might even want to consider a co-signment/second hand store that specialize in baby items. The items are gently used. You may be able to score a stroller that would retail for $300 and pay $100. I never found a reasonalbe use for a pack N' Play.
~Cali          
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1261 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views