Dr LoMonaco on Skin Tight

DrL
on 3/23/17 1:47 pm - Houston, TX

I hope some of you have been able to tune in TLC and see the great stories of Ashley, Julie. and Melissa. Unlike my days with Big Medicine, this show actually casts candidate patients rather than just come in to my practice and film whoever I happen to be seeing (as in the old days!)

That said, I get a lot of requests from folks to be on the show so I'm asking anybody who may be interested to just friend me on my FB professional page (and personal if you want to see pics of pugs and fish) and stay tuned to see if they will do a Season 3. Then we can present the producers with interested patients.

https://www.facebook.com/HoustonPlasticSurgery/

I can't say enough good things about this film crew, and especially Methodist St John and Space City Anesthesia for making it happen for the nearly 20 surgeries we did on the show

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/skin-tight/skin-tight-photos/ash leys-journey-in-photos/

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/skin-tight/skin-tight-photos/mel lisas-journey-in-photos/

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/skin-tight/skin-tight-photos/julies-journey-in-photos/

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Laura in Texas
on 3/23/17 7:43 pm

I have been telling everyone to watch!! I think you are the best of the best and I am so thankful for you!!

I could use more work done, but since I am mostly done, I would not be an exciting story

Keep up the good work!! I hope there is a season 3!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

catwoman7
on 3/25/17 4:04 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

very cool! I didn't know you were on this show! (I hadn'****ched it until last night after I saw your posting - I almost never turn my TV on, although I'd at least *heard* of the show...I'll take a look at some of the other episodes as well. Thanks for posting this!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

CPA_Loser
on 3/27/17 6:55 am - WA

I really like this show and it gives me some hope that I will be able to have skin surgery after losing 190 pounds and that it will help my confidence. I hope they do a season 3 and consider me for the show! I applied about a month ago - fingers crossed!

What you are doing for these people is life changing! Thank you!!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/2/17 4:23 pm - Burleson, TX

CPA-MayIAsk, what did you have to do, to apply? I am not above sending nekkid pics and videos, but hate to be responsible for people losing their lunch, unnecessarily

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/2/17 4:27 pm, edited 4/2/17 9:27 am - Burleson, TX

I have ALWAYS said I would never have a plastic surgeon to touch me, if it couldn't be Dr L!! I have followed you, for years, at OH and RYD conferences, etc., and...like I said...no way can I imagine anyone being better!!!

You are an artist!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

DrL
on 4/2/17 8:31 pm - Houston, TX

Awww. Thanks Gina. I miss the conferences and being invited to share all the amazing and wonderful stories. A lot has changed since then, but giving up "vanity surgery" back in 2001 was one of the best things I ever did, and it my WLS folks that brought me to that turning point !

Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/17 4:28 am

Just for conversation, you don't have to answer. You seem like a nice guy, and you do great work. Explain vanity reasons.

DrL
on 4/3/17 9:40 am - Houston, TX

"Vanity surgery" probably isn't the politically correct term these days, and I do not judge anyone who wants to alter, decorate, embellish, or modify their own body for whatever reason. Totally personal choice. But I do have a choice in the clientele I serve. A typical "vanity" patient would be someone who tells me they want to be a celebrity look alike, or is choosing plastic surgery just because their friend did it, or with the expectation of being treated differently by others. I used to see a lot of older patients for facil work, and they looked so "overdone" after all their procedures. I realized that they were chasing something that could never be acheived and that in reality they were deeply unhappy in their lives. That was not for me.

Then there is a huge gray area, where I may see someone and many times I may not personally be impressed by that person's perceived problem...but their back story on how it has affected their life is often compelling. Again, I'm not the one to judge how you should feel about something on your body. I need to finish my blog post"The Man With a Butt For An Ear" to share an experience that was very moving for me.

At the other end is reconstructive surgery, which is to correct a deformity or change a body part that affects a person's bodily function or daily life activities. Also the part may be so far removed from it's former "normal" self as to be considered a deformity. Many patients who have excess skin after weight loss fall into this category.

Long answer, but in interesting topic for me !

Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/17 10:24 am

I kinda put you on the spot. I understand what you are saying. I was just picturing a young twenty something walking into your office wanting bigger breast and you saying, "no!" You could say no. Lolol.

Most Active