Got my date with Capella!!!

south2north
on 11/3/16 9:16 am
DS on 11/19/14

So I'm excited to finally have my date for plastics....1/31/17!!!

I'm having a lower body lift, breast lift and my arms done. Then, if I decide to, I'll have an inner thigh lift and breast implants 3-6 months later.

I'm so thankful to have had all of the words of wisdom and advice, on here, as well as all of the pictures people have shared. It has all really help to prepare me and ease my mind??

KarenRaeV
on 11/3/16 9:56 am
RNY on 06/03/13

Wow!!  Congrats to you!! 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/4/16 1:30 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Do you have an electric recliner?  They are the best!!!  (I got one from craigslist)

Sharon

south2north
on 11/4/16 2:48 am
DS on 11/19/14

I'm actually borrowing one!

Christine912
on 11/4/16 7:56 am - KEW GARDENS, NY

i had my surgery with doctor capella 8 weeks ago yesterday and love him and scott.

Starting Weight: 292

Current Weight 137

Under goal weight.

Christine

south2north
on 11/4/16 10:19 am
DS on 11/19/14

Congrats to you! How are you feeling/healing?

NakedAndAfraid123
on 11/4/16 7:00 pm

Hi North2South - I had the same 3 Procedures (arm lift, breast lift and lower body lift without muscle repair) with Dr. Capella Oct 25 - and still have 2 drains in! I lost about 70 pounds at 4'11 (though I lost that weight multiple times. This times the last!)

Christine has been my surgical guide ever since I found her on this site! All you brave women who have provided advice and stories allow each of us to approach these surgeries with courage and knowledge. I have not yet posted my journey on OH, but I plan to shortly. 

Since each person's healing journey is unique I find each entry I read to be helpful to color the possible events I might encounter. So far, my recovery has gone as smoothly as possible and I am so grateful for the expertise of both Dr. Capella and Scott. Monday hopefully I will have the last 2 drains removed and then I plan to add my experience to OH.

So South2North, congrats on getting your surgery date and let me know if I can answer any questions. 

I echo the medical lift chair and shower chair as vital to my recovery. Short-term I also relied on a walker and a toilet raiser. I rented the medical lift chair and it was money well spent. It's my haven night and day. I have also been wearing adult diapers modified to accommodate my drains. (I've also been staying close to home the last 10 days). One package should do.

Send any questions my way

Sheryl 

south2north
on 11/4/16 7:08 pm
DS on 11/19/14

Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes on your recovery!!

south2north
on 11/4/16 7:12 pm
DS on 11/19/14

Dr Capella said he doesn't think I need the muscle component either, but after reading on here, I think I'm just going to have him do it, after two kids and losing 190 pounds, I'm thinking that there has got to be some kind of damage!

NakedAndAfraid123
on 11/4/16 7:32 pm

When I met with him in March, I weighed 142, and he told me he didn't suggest me having it, and again on Monday prior to surgery he repeated his recommendation not to have it - at least for me, he indicated the pain was not worth the little bit smaller he could get me. He also knew getting back to yoga/Pilates was essential to my mental health, and at this point in my recovery I'm grateful I didn't do it. It's been about as challenging as I could have handle and surgery will never transform me to a runway model.

I guess you have up until they put you out to decide!

I

Most Active