Arm lift, Breast lift with Augmentation, tummy tuck together

Browneyedgirl33
on 5/22/16 11:42 am

what weight were you at before you undergone the surgeries

Did anyone do all three of these together and if so was it bearable?

Also do you think we would be bikini able after this surgery or will we never look like normal smaller people?

if I pay this much I would like to look really good but I am hoping I wont be disappointed either

Looking into getting all three done together

Please let me know your experience. 

Laura in Texas
on 5/22/16 1:03 pm

I was around 340 at my highest and had plastics when I was around 140 (I'm 5'7" tall). I had my arms done first, and then lower body lift/breast lift together a few years later.

I think the skill of your plastic surgeon AND your own self-confidence will determine if you are comfortable enough to wear a bikini post-plastics. I do. My legs are still a mess, but I decided I am not having any more surgery and am too old to worry about what others think at this point in my life.

We do need to have realistic expectations. We will never look as good as we would have had we never had weight problems, but we can feel "whole" again.

Here is a picture of me in a bikini...

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Browneyedgirl33
on 5/22/16 1:08 pm

Wow you look awesome! I am only down to 190 but I am curvy. I am a 34 D at top but I am down to a size 10-12 in hips.

i am nervous but hopeful I will feel good about myself for once in my life even if I am never going to be perfect. I already feel a ton better.

i just get worried and worry about weight gain. I am sure we all go through this but I am thinking w plastics it will motivate me to maintain. 

Still debating on if I should get down to 175 first. I will see what surgeon says when he sees me on June 1st 

Laura in Texas
on 5/22/16 1:22 pm

Thanks. Yeah, the money spent has been a great motivator to me to stay at goal. No way do I want to mess things up. The recovery for the lbl was tough. The first 3 weeks I was a mess (pain, unable to sleep, uncomfortable, etc), but by week 7 I felt back up to par (I am a teacher and was able to have 7 weeks to recover over the summer).

Laura in Texas

Browneyedgirl33
on 5/22/16 1:26 pm

Unfortunately I think I am only going to be able to get two weeks off so not sure how that will work but we shall see. 

Also I am a little worried because I live on third floor so not sure how I will do steps afterwards.

wondering if arms tummy and breasts will be too much to do at once. But I want to get as much as I can done at once 

hollykim
on 5/22/16 4:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 22, 2016 at 8:26 PM Pacific Time, Browneyedgirl33 wrote:

Unfortunately I think I am only going to be able to get two weeks off so not sure how that will work but we shall see. 

Also I am a little worried because I live on third floor so not sure how I will do steps afterwards.

wondering if arms tummy and breasts will be too much to do at once. But I want to get as much as I can done at once 

you need to wait and save up more time off then. I could NEVER have gone back to work at 2 weeks out. I still had three drains inserted! You will be in swell hell from sitting up all day at a desk at only 2 weeks out. This is not a small thing to do.

Browneyedgirl33
on 5/22/16 1:10 pm

How painful was it? And did you just do breastlift or breastlift w augmentation. 

Laura in Texas
on 5/22/16 1:19 pm

I just did a lift. I was going to do augmentation later, but have decided against it. I am happy "as-is".

Laura in Texas

Browneyedgirl33
on 5/22/16 2:57 pm

You look great. I thought from your picture you might have had both. I hope I can look as good as you for sure one day!

thanks 

Leslie W.
on 5/22/16 2:46 pm - Cobourg, Canada

I think doing all three together is too much. Many ps wont do lift and augmentation together due do risk of blood flow to nipple..many will want them separated to give time to heal. With tt they do muscle repair which is painful. I didn't realise how many musclwyou use just to pee, not to mention getting up from chair. After breast lift you have to watch use of arms. I just had BA and while my arms weren't sore using them even to open drawer caused chest muscle pain.

As far as being in a bikini post tt not going to happen. I found that after my legs felt really huge and notice the skin more. I was 175. I did get lower but did not like the look and my body is happy to maintain where it is.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active