How long after?

joshie2645
on 9/27/15 9:39 am - Springdale, AR

How long after the weight loss surgery can I be consulted for skin removal surgery? I lost the weight and now I have skin hanging from my arms, chest and stomach area. I know I have results, I just cant really see it due to the skin

Karen518
on 9/27/15 3:56 pm

Most people recommend that your weight is at or near goal and has been stable for at least six months before plastics.  It can't hurt to consult with someone and see what their expectations are, though.

Janine Greenwood
on 9/28/15 4:18 pm, edited 9/29/15 4:50 am - Long Beach, CA

Hello,

I see your in Arkansas I used to live in Newport Ar. My gastric bypass Dr. said 18 months after. I know every Dr. is different. My gastric bypass Dr. was Dr. John Baker in Little Rock.I had RNY in 2003 and just recently had 2 rounds of plastic surgery. I would have had it sooner BUT of course it was a financial thing.
It would not hurt to get some info and a few consults. Good luck :)

joshie2645
on 9/29/15 4:55 am - Springdale, AR

Wow 2 rounds? Could they not do it in one? That's a lot for your body to go through. 

Tracy D.
on 9/29/15 11:16 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

There's certain procedures that can't be done at the same time because it requires extreme traction of the skin in opposite directions.  That means you wouldn't get an ideal result for either surgery.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Tracy D.
on 9/29/15 11:18 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My surgeon wants to see patient's at a stable maintenance weight (whatever that is for you) for 12 months.  Losing or gaining more than 10 lbs. after plastics can be detrimental to your final results so he wants to be sure you're at a weight that can is realistic and can be maintained over time. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

joshie2645
on 9/29/15 2:50 pm - Springdale, AR

Oh a scale of 1-10 how bad was the pain? How long were you down? Sorry if I'm bugging you about this lol 

Tracy D.
on 9/29/15 3:09 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The pain of muscle repair was easily an 8 -  and I have a high pain threshold.  I wasn't walking fully upright for a good 2 to 3 weeks. I'm 12 weeks post-op tomorrow and I still have some abdominal pain from the muscle tightening.

I was back at the office after three weeks but was actually able to do some work from home before that. However, I have a desk job.  If you have a more physical job when you're on your feet all day, it could be a good 4 to 6 weeks before you can even go back to work. 

Crazeru
on 9/29/15 7:17 pm

I had a lower body lift, breast lift, arm lift and sm thigh lift, 4 days later a full face lift including upper and lower lids.  I was off for 8 weeks.  The pain was minimal, but tightness from the abdominal tightening does having you walking like an old hunched back old lady for a few weeks.

I'd been weight stable for 2 yrs before PS.  I did go back 2 yrs later for an upper body lift to get rid of the loose skin around the bra line.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

alina_nicolai001
on 9/30/15 2:35 am

I had thigh lift, 1 week later a full-face lift.  I was off for 6 weeks.  The pain was minimal, but tightness from the thigh skin tightening does having you walking like an old hunched back old person for a few weeks. I had been weight stable for 2 yrs before PS.  I did go back 2 yrs later for an upper body lift to get rid of the loose skin around the bra line. After full recovery, I got satisfaction with the result.

Most Active