What is the perfect age to consider for rhinoplasty?

alexclinton
on 7/2/15 8:21 pm

Actually, my niece is looking for rhinoplasty surgery. She is 16 years old. Is this the perfect age for going under the knife (surgery)? If not, then what is the perfect age for her?

Y D.
on 7/3/15 3:04 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Its not unusual to get a rhino done at 16, so long as her parents are on board and the Dr agrees she is a candidate. I'm 28 and I had it done a couple months ago, down time was about two weeks for me. Not painful, but uncomfortable. Definitely glad I did it.

Make sure she finds a Dr. she is comfortable with and who can achieve what she's looking for, with lots of experience. Also, if she's involved in school sports her recovery might be a little longer to allow for fuller healing. Good luck!

alexclinton
on 7/17/15 4:45 am
alexclinton
on 7/17/15 4:46 am

Thanks for your response. Can you suggest me an experienced plastic surgeon in Ohio state or nearby region for consultation?

rhr567
on 7/16/15 10:41 pm

Have you consulted any doctors? If the doctor thinks she is a good candidate to perform a rhinoplasty surgery then she can. I think the doctors give importance for patient's both physical and emotional maturity before proceeding with this surgery. I had mine when I was 15 years old from Nasal and Facial Cosmetic Surgery Centre in Toronto. Before consulting Dr. Kris Conrad I researched a lot about the rhinoplasty surgery, its recovery time and made up my mind to undergo it. The surgeon was happy to see my confidence.

alexclinton
on 7/23/15 8:56 pm

Now, I feel that there is a requirement of going in for rhinoplasty surgery on my niece. My niece is quite confident and bold. She is not scared of going under the knife. I am looking for an experienced surgeon near to my place.

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/15 12:25 pm, edited 8/12/15 12:27 pm - Singapore

Rhinoplasty surgery is best done after a young person has finished growing.  This usually means 16 for girls and after age 17 or 18 for boys.  Sometimes treatment is appropriate at an earlier age if an internal defect is causing serious breathing problems, but it seems that is not the case here.

see more: http://www.realself.com/question/what-ideal-age-for-rhinopla sty

Most Active