Skin Removal surgery costs

joshie2645
on 5/31/15 2:52 pm - Springdale, AR

Hey everyone-

How much does the skin removal surgery costs? I'm coming up on my one year anniversary and I will be looking soon into the skin removal soon-probably October or November at least for consultations. 

JA
on 6/1/15 5:21 am - East Haven, CT

Hi,

It depends on what you are having done.  Skin removal from the abdominal area is usually from $5-8,000.  Thigh lift is $4,500-6,000, etc etc.  All depends on the surgeon and where you live as well.  Good luck!

JA

Tracy D.
on 6/1/15 6:09 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It also depends on what you mean by "skin removal".  If you're simply talking a panniculectomy that's a totally different procedure (and less cost) than a tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck or lower body lift.  And that's just to address the lower body minus the inner thighs.  The inner thigh lift is another surgery all by itself with separate costs.  All of these also have very different recovery times. 

You'll want to research all the different options and then make sure at your consults that the surgeon goes into detail about the different types of procedures and the results he would expect you to get from each one.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Crazeru
on 6/2/15 5:09 pm

Dr Sauceda will be in Tyler, Tx on June 26th & 27th for PS consults.  It's a bit of a drive, but it may help to answer your questions on what you need and what can be done. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/6/15 1:39 am

it all depends on your surgeon, your location and what you're having done.  Go to some consults after you reach your goal and have remained at goal for at least 6 months.  Get some ideas about what you need done and what the charge will be.  I have seen a Tummy Tuck priced anywhere from $18,900 to $5,000. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Jennifer K.
on 6/8/15 12:20 pm - Phoenix , AZ

I had an extended TT, with lipo and the fat transferred into buttox.. that ran over 15K.

Last year I had a BA/BL arm lift with last skin tightening of the chin/neck and that ran over 16K.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

David147
on 7/3/15 11:28 pm

As an alternative, if you don't enjoy hustling with insurance companies over what's going to be picked up and what not, you can consider retaining a patient advocate. They will negotiate a price down for you for the excess skin treatment/surgery. The best patient advocacy programs I know is included in MySimpleCard.

David147
on 7/4/15 12:14 am

It really depends on where you live and the doctor you choose. The surgery will cost the same though no matter how much you take off...price goes by procedure, not amount they remove. I know you said that you aren't going to do it right now but take the time to find a great doctor because there are some pretty bad stories out there. Make sure you reach your fitness goal before looking into it. The doctor may ask you to anyway so you can look the way you want after the surgery and not have a repeat surgery. Good luck. 

...wait, if you didn't loose massive weight you can tighten it up. Try pilates...it's working for me. Weight resistance will help too.

Most Active