Brachioplasty/Arm Lift Question (if you have had one)

Sherrie P.
on 5/3/14 1:45 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Which type of incision did your doc use for your brachioplasty? Are you happy with the results? How long were you out of work?

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

jeterway
on 5/3/14 10:04 pm

My incision is under my arm runs toward the back of my armpit then down my side next to my breast.  It really is difficult to see.  I have worn short sleeved shirts to work and no one can see it unless I lift up my arms over my head.  I can't remember exactly my time out but I was working from home at a couple of days out from surgery.  I went back in when I could go without the compression garment during the day I think about three weeks out.  Recovery from this surgery was pretty easy for me.

sweetvania
on 5/4/14 12:31 am - mississauga, Canada

Mine was the same way right under my elbow and all the way down to my breast.  As for off work I'm still off work I had my surgery February 7 but I also did my thighs and unfortunately had two seroma on them so have had that to deal with.  Otherwise I could probably go back to work sooner.  I also was in a lot of pain for both procedures.  Hope u find the answer you r looking for

RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
TeashaLorna
on 5/4/14 2:38 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

On Dec 2nd 2013 I had a fleur de lis TT and brachioplasty done at the same time. My arm incision is on the inside of my arm from just below my elbow up through my arm pit down to my breast. The incision is runs just in the bottom of the bicep muscel so you don't notice it at all, unless you lift your arms straight out for people to see. Mine have already faded tremendously and the Dr figures within a year you won't be able to tell unless you are really looking for it. My tummy has not faded as well, but still love it. I was off work for seven weeks.  I had a complication with the TT that made me need to go back in for a second and third surgery though. Otherwise I think 5 weeks probably would have done it.  I love the results of both of these surgeries.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/14 9:45 am

I use either the incision that is totally within the armpit or the one that runs from the armpit to the elbow or less depending on where the bulge is. The former is best for someone with not a lot of excess. I combine it with liposuction for both as needed. You should be able to get to full activity within three weeks. Go to the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons website for realistic photos. Unfortunately, the scars from a brachioplasty can not be very good.

Most Active