I had the Panniculectomy!!!

darlingdeb
on 12/30/13 11:25 pm - OH

Hi - I had the panniculectomy on December 18th.  Tomorrow is 2 weeks.  I still have swelling and 1 drain.    I'm a little sore but nothing like I had imagined.  I had the anchor cut and I praise God that everything is going very well!!  I came back to work yesterday the 30th.  I have a desk job so no heavy lifting or standing.  Overall I feel just fine.     debbie

godzilla
on 12/31/13 1:58 am - Israel
Enjoy your flat belly.
The drain GD Willing will be removed soon.
Swelling is quite common by the end of the day even many months later.
Rest,drink, protein - all aid in healing.
Done advise a stool softener to avid constipation/straining in the bathroom.
Mikimi in Israel
TracyK
on 12/31/13 6:24 am - FL

I also had my TT with muscle tightening on the 18th.  However, I am not going back to wor****il the 6th.  I am sorry to hear you still have a drain.  That was one of the worst feelings.  Just trying to move around and even go to the bathroom seemed to be a pain.  I still have swelling and notice it mostly in the afternoon.  I have been walking quite a bit around the house and around the neighborhood to try and feel normal again.  I am counting the days when I can start using the gym again. 

I am very happy to hear you are doing well and are feeling great.  May your new year be all that you want it to be.

Tracy

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

happyteacher
on 12/31/13 10:33 am

I had the same procedure on the 9th, but left with 4 drains.  i still have 2 :(  Hoping to get them out on Saturday though!  Totally worth the results though-

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active