TT & Straining on the Potty(!!)

Huneypie
on 12/20/13 12:57 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I strain when I go to the bathroom even though I have loose stools.  Anyways, how do y'all cope post TT?  Do you no die of agony when having a BM post TT?

For me 'sh*t doesn't just happen' unless there's some active effort going on.

BTW apologies for the TMI.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Candy V.
on 12/20/13 1:13 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12
On December 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM Pacific Time, Huneypie wrote:

I strain when I go to the bathroom even though I have loose stools.  Anyways, how do y'all cope post TT?  Do you no die of agony when having a BM post TT?

For me 'sh*t doesn't just happen' unless there's some active effort going on.

BTW apologies for the TMI.

I had a hysterectomy at the same time at Tt and the BMs were horribly painful for a few weeks.  The pain meds bind me up which makes it worse!!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Huneypie
on 12/20/13 1:57 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Ugh - I thought as much... that probably has to be one of the worst parts in my pre-TT opinion.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Megan K.
on 12/20/13 9:24 am
RNY on 02/18/13

Candy,

How did you get your surgeons onboard to do the hysterectomy and Tt at the same time?  It's been determined that I need to loose some of the "lady parts" and I need a panni (i can't afford the Tt) and I asked about getting both done congruently and I was told not likely.  One round of OR seems better than healing up only to go again seems better to me...

Thank you for any advise.

Megan

happyteacher
on 12/20/13 11:27 am

Megan, I was told the same.  I was offered during the double mastectomy process that it could double up with one of the latter phase surgeries for that.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Candy V.
on 12/21/13 4:55 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

My GYN surgeon and PS offices coordinated it for me.  I already had the insurance approval for the TT when my tests confirmed the need for a hysterectomy.  It made the surgery a little farther out to find a date that both had available, but the offices did all the work. And both use munson medical center for their surgeries.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Megan K.
on 12/21/13 12:14 pm
RNY on 02/18/13

Thank you for your comments, I will definitely have to discuss this with my surgeons. I'm still very far out from confirming the need for the hystro but it's looking like that's where I'm headed.  If the time lines end up the way we think they will, both surgeries will likely be the same time...it makes sense to me to have them done together...one recovery/time off of work.

Hopefully I won't need it, but it's good to know that if the "stars align" it's possible to do it together.

pebtash
on 4/5/14 2:19 am
VSG on 11/25/14

Hi, I haven't had the surgery yet but I have been on many pain meds for almost 9 YRS. now due to a disease in my back. I am always constipated and this is a somewhat of a gross subject but if it can help someone here goes. If you can reach (being sore not sure)  use a stool and wait for fecal matter to move down, I can feel it move down because it is like rocks but can't pu**** out, then use your thumb and insert in your vagina you will be able to feel the matter in there and then you can push on it with your thumb it's just enough to move it around a little  so you won't have to push as much or if you can push on it more with your thumb you can pu**** right out that way. I take 3 stool softners every night and sometimes myralax(spelling) and still have a problem. Good luck.

godzilla
on 12/20/13 8:18 am - Israel
Pain meds="constipation".
Drink a lot if possible.
Tip: if you have a small plastic stepping stool then keep it in or near the toilet room and when you need to bm then put the stool on the floor in front if you and place your feet on top while you sit on the toilet (loo). This places your knees higher and your legs "push the poo out" and not you cussing tummy muscles to strain as much. Sounds weird but I think I read this tip when googling how to avoid constipation. I also keep a book in the toilet room and just try to take my time and relax while in the position.
Mikimi in Israel
Huneypie
on 12/21/13 1:13 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yes I could do with some sort of stepping stool but DH doesn't like the idea of having one in the bathroom... I'm going to have to ponder using some old box or something ;-)

I  my DS  

Most Active