Should I be concerned, looks like a little bit of infection

Megan M.
on 9/18/13 6:23 pm - Canada

I am 7 weeks out.  Was looking at my incision line across top of the mons and noticed a little spot, about the size of a pencil eraser that looked kind of like a blister.  I put some pressure on it from the side and it started weeping.  A couple mm away pus came out.  Not a lot, similar to a little pimple.  I expressed it as much as much as I could until there was no more pus, and put some polysporin on it.  There was also another tinier spot of the same about 2 inches along.  I thought perhaps it was caused by surgical knots trying to come through, but didn't see any telltale signs of sutures.  I fly to Toronto next week to see my surgeon.  Any thoughts on this?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

godzilla
on 9/18/13 9:51 pm - Israel
From what I've head on this forum it might also be seroma. Some day bactriban neosporin.
Take a pic and and email your PS to ask his opinion. The pic idea is also good to see its development and healing process.
Good luck,
Mikimi in Israel
alla B.
on 9/18/13 11:07 pm

stitches coming out?

I had this, it was healed very fast.

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

Tess145
on 9/18/13 11:42 pm - Senatobia, MS

Sounds like a stitch is trying to come out.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Megan M.
on 9/19/13 10:12 am - Canada

Thanks everyone.  Am keeping an eye on it, doesn't look any worse that at first.  Does it hurt when the stitch comes through?  After everything I've been through, I'm starting to be a baby!!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active