driving after lbl

jhpby
on 7/3/13 4:52 am - Oshawa, Canada
Hello everyone, I was just wondering how long it took for you to drive after your lower body lift? My father in law is in town next week and I want to know that I can escape if I want to...lol

Here is some info:
I am 2 weeks out on Friday, I am off my pain meds (just Tylenol when needed), I have a pea sized opening on my back, I can walk fairly straight, sleep on my sides or back, when I am inthe car I put a pillow behind my back for comfort, I still have 2 of 4 drains in

Please let me know your experience
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

exohexoh
on 7/3/13 5:49 am - West Chester, PA

i think it was a week and a half or so after my extended tt, took a short trip to the grocery store (about 5 mins away) just to see how it worked out before i did anything longer

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

lptazbear66
on 7/7/13 8:10 am - Murfreesboro, TN

just curious exohexoh, we started at close to the same weight pre rny and ended about the same.  when you had the lower body lift or tt did you drop any more pant sizes or weight?

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
exohexoh
on 7/7/13 6:29 pm - West Chester, PA
I had an extended tt with lipo in my hips and upper thighs. I went from 165 or so to 151. I'm still pretty swollen, so it may still go down a little. I tried on my jeans and they are too big, but I haven't tried on any new sizes. It's been too hot for pants anyway so I've been living in dresses and my boobs are still huge so that won't change!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

lovabutterfly
on 7/7/13 1:46 pm
I am 7 weeks out now from LBL, Lipo to outer thighs, butt flap augmentation and BL/BA with Dr. Sauceda in MTY Mexico, me and my auntie drove from Oklahoma to there which was about 17 hour drive, i drove all the way down there and on the way home (6 days after surgery) i drove to the border about 2 hours and then she drove the rest of the way home, i used the pillow trick behind my back as well and didn't have any trouble driving. I just took it easy and listened to my body. It is definitely doable just be very careful and no drag racing lol. My biggest challenge was having the drains and moving around...in/out of the car but no problems driving. I too had/have still a small pea size opening in my butt crack that is healing well just VERY slow to heal, it looks better and better every day.

Cinn
on 7/9/13 10:03 am - MI

I'm about five weeks out and haven't driven yet. I am just a week out from a 2nd surgery for a seroma removal and new drain insertion. My teenage daughter took off pissed at me for some reason I have no idea! And my son is out. I need a couple of items from the store so I think I'll give it a try.

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

Southernsleever
on 7/9/13 10:58 am

I drove 11 days post op. No problem at all. :) 

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

Most Active