How long for incisions to heal?

Penny V.
on 4/11/13 6:05 am - Orleans, MA

I had my breast lift and augmentation 2 weeks ago. Healing is going well but due to the location of the incision, it is getting irritated by my bra - no underwire.

Just curious how others have made out.

bamabelle16
on 4/11/13 10:05 pm
If I had to do the healing again, I would have cut a slit in my sports bra at the front bottom of each cup where the bottom of the bra band met the lollipop stick. Does that make sense? That way it would have stopped the rubbing. I think it made my incision heal slower and is more keloid in that area. I had bl/ba with arms done in Aug 2012.
pedirn06
on 4/12/13 2:30 pm
VSG on 01/26/12
I am beginning to lean toward PS and curious to know how your breast sensation is postop...does it feel "natural" or is it something you are constantly aware of like a poorly fitting bra?
pedirn06

Thininmymind
on 4/18/13 4:36 am

I tucked medical gauze sponges under the part of the bra that rubbed my incisions for a few weeks. The surgical bra actually bothered me the worst. I'm three months out and have no problems now. But I am also careful when I am trying on bras that I consider how it's rubbing my scars. 

Gastric Sleeve July 2011 Steven Simper - BL January 2013 Brian Brzowski - LBL March 2013 Brian Brzowski

Most Active