Terrible Bloating 2 years out

avidreader
on 4/2/13 10:58 am - Cary, NC

I am 2 years out from an anchor cut TT with muscle tightening.  I am having horrible bloating, constipation and am totally unable to pass gas.  My bariatric surgeon went in and repaired an internal hernia and removed scar tissue but this has not touched the bloating issue.  It is so uncomfortable I can hardly breath some times.  I have gained about 5 pounds since my TT - I would not imagine this amount would make me so miserable.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?  Has anyone developed IBS since TT surgery?    If I have to live with this feeling for the rest of my life I will have to say I wish I had never had this done even though I love the results. 

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
P. Poster
on 4/2/13 11:44 am

I only have bloating issues when I eat too many carbs or foods that I *know* I shouldnt have, but, I had a different WLS...  Have you tried a good probiotic, and keeping a food journal to see if it may be an intolerance youve developed?  Celiac, lactose, etc can become issues at ANY time in your life.  Id suspect something like that over your plastics.

Kim S.
on 4/2/13 11:39 pm - Helena, AL

I'm going to guess that the symptoms you are having are likely not related to your TT 2 years ago.  See a gastroenterologist....and gynecologist.  Some female issues will present this way as well.....good luck finding a solution and some relief.

My daughter suffers with IBS and it is miserable.  She was just part of a study group for a new medication and she got a lot of relief from it.........hopefully it will be available in the next few years.

acbbrown
on 4/3/13 5:53 am - Granada Hills, CA

You need to see a medical doc - i cant imagine any way your TT from 2 years ago would cause these issues.

I had an anchor cut and my upper belly gets really swollen/bloated look which i believe is from the surgery - but doesnt affect my bowels in any way.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

avidreader
on 4/3/13 7:38 am - Cary, NC

Thanks for the responses.  I have a 2 week post op tomorrow and will discuss further treatment with my doc.  The bad thing is I have hardly been eating at all because it's so uncomfortable.  I have basically been drinking my proteins because the feeling after eating is so bad.  I have been taking probiotics, too, for a couple of years and that doesn't seem to be working, too. 

I will probably end up seeing the gastro doctor regarding this issue, especially since I have met my deductible and out of pocket fortune for my insurance!!!

Thanks, again, for the input.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
laurak712
on 4/4/13 4:30 am - New Braunfels, TX
Maybe it's the shakes. After 4 years of using whey and having constipation and bloating I finally switched to a plant based protein powder and within 2 days my tummy cleared up. But I know how miserable this condition is. It's funny because I can drink milk, eat cheese and yogurt and any dairy, but those darn whey based shakes kill my stomach. Good luck, I hope you find your answer.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active