another draining problem....

faedra
on 3/24/13 5:19 pm - El Cajon, CA
First my tummy stung badly when milking tube. Then found a big blood blob size of golf ball in bulb. Called ER dr said it is ok. Third big bloody spot on binder but it is not expanding. Finally no discharge too bulb....this is all occurring in one tube drainage.
Has anyone else experience this?
Left message for dr to call me.
presurgery weight loss for Kaiser  54 pounds         
HW 309            
jeterway
on 3/24/13 10:01 pm

I would think that no drainage out of one of the drains means that a clot is clogging up the tube perhaps right under the skin.  I would call the doc asap.  If it can't drain, then it will build up inside and that is not a good thing.  If the blood is solid in the bulb, it doesn't sound like it is the right consistency.  While it could start out as a thicker consistency, it should fairly quickly turn to a watery consistency and the color should change to a light pink or even yellow.  Your drains don't sound like they are making that transition - If I were you, I would call the doc quickly.

Tess145
on 3/24/13 11:14 pm - Senatobia, MS

My first drain did something similar to yours.  It quit working on the third morning after I had passed several clots.  Call my PS to find out what to do.  He said that it was not unusual and ask about the output of the second drain and I told him that one was working fine.  It was putting out about 65 CC's every four hours.  I went to see him the next day and he pulled the non functional drain out and left the other one in.  It basically did the job for both drains.  I had the second drain in for four weeks before the output was below 25 CC's.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

faedra
on 3/25/13 2:41 am - El Cajon, CA
Thanks so much for sharing your experience, i left message so i am sure that if it was urgent they be on top of it. How do you sleep since they tubes are on sides?
HW 309            
Tess145
on 3/25/13 5:35 am - Senatobia, MS

I was lucky enough that my tubes were in the front above the mon pubis.  I don't know that I will be that lucky on the second go round.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

faedra
on 3/25/13 10:54 am - El Cajon, CA
Went in and saw plastic surgeon and he said it is all normal. That blood clot was disgusting. He said i am healing wonderful. No bruising and very little swollen... Got cleaned up by nurses binder back on and back to home we go....
HW 309            
Cinn
on 3/27/13 8:08 am - MI

Thanks for the update on the drain. I was worried about you! I have a LBL in two months and I'm so freaking nervous! Hang in there! We'll look awesome and it'll be worth it!

faedra
on 3/27/13 10:34 am - El Cajon, CA
Don't trip when you have big clogs even if size of ping pong ball. I have no idea how it got through? As long as your a milking don't worry about oneside not functioning right. All of a sudden with nothing different done it started working again yesterday.
Also big help is putting gas around tube coming out and under it. I taped it with bandaids to stay in place.
I see my doctor tomorrow I hope it will take atleast one out so I can finally sleep.
HW 309            
Most Active