Thighs: liposuction and then six months later removal of excess skin..

godzilla
on 12/22/12 3:14 am - Israel
I lurk and read...
And been going for other consults for thighs and blubber Burgas well as dog-ears on my lower breast scars.
The Plastics Ward where I had my TT and Breast Lift refuse to do any more procedures on me due to the Wound Gealing issues I have had. I don't "agree" with them however I understand where they are coming from.
I have been to two two consults-one was a bust as the PS after weighing me and his electronic scale inaccurately shoeing my height 7cm lower than what I am, refused to even look at me naked body or my paperwork from previous surgeries or bloodwork! And he referred ne back to a weight-loss clinic for treatment!
The other PS asked that I come again to the Plastics clinic in her hospital and I had to wait to see the Head of the Ward who after spoke with the PS I had seen.
I now have a letter of recommendation for the HMO Medical Review for Excess Skon Removal which I have an appointment for on 8 January 2013.
So I have stopped wearing my long-johns/sweats and only regular granny undies so as to "develop" skin rash in the inner thigh areas with the hope of getting the approval (answer by mail within two weeks) for the Double Procedure:
This PS would do liposuction and remove 1000cc from each keg and only after six months the Thigh Lift.
Has anyone else had liposuction and then later the thigh lift?
Mikimi in Israel
Kim S.
on 12/27/12 12:00 am - Helena, AL

You've come this far-I hope you can finish. Sending good thoughts your way.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/31/12 6:18 am - OH

Are you aware that the skin on the thighs are the most prone to necrosis, and that some surgeons won't do thigh procedures because of that?  If you have had healing issues in the past, you might want to seriously reconsider having your thighs cut. My tummy tuck incision turned necrotic and I cannot image dealing with that between my legs!  (Hence, I am resigned to just keeping my thighs covered.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

godzilla
on 12/31/12 7:15 am - Israel
Lora,
I am very aware of the risks/dangers especially as I have already experienced issues in the past however with Socialized Medicine, in hospital care is more days of treatment rather than being sent home to deal on my own.
I want a chance of normalcy if not too dangerous for the body.
I still have to get approval from HMO medical review which is scheduled for 8,January and takes anout five minutes in front of three people that sit on review.
And the PS that agreed, in my excess skin situation, it is first the liposuction and only six months later will be the actúal thigh lift and removal of the excess skin.
I have been very upfront on my past wind healing issues and as much as I want a more normal body, I want life.
Thank you for your straightup concern.
Mikimi in Israel
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/31/12 10:12 am - OH

If your thigh incisions turn necrotic, though, surely you would not stay in the hospital for the 3 or 4 (or more) months that it takes for the necrotic tissue that has to be cut out to grow back...?  

Lora

godzilla
on 12/31/12 11:00 am - Israel
Lora,
I hope it would not come to necrosis but if I needed to be treated, the hospital woils take care of me. In Israel along with going private, most people take advantage of the Socialized Medicine available -unless someone has the money to pay privately-which I don't, and that means waiting for months for elective surgery. That being said, with my TT I had a small area (about the size of a thick dime) at the T junction that went gangrene (actually from slough to gangrene) and there was an area of dehiscence on the bikini line but the clinic docs were on top of things so when I was readmitted to the Plastics Ward, the next day I had debridement under general anesthesia and wet to dry packing. The next day I was put on the WoundVac and treated in hospital for seven weeks. There was of course the option of going home with a compact WoundVac but as it was during the Jewish Holoday season of Rosh HaShana, Yom Kippur and Succot and I live three and a half hours away in and out of public transportation and live alone in a hi-rise building-these were all considerations to my tensing in hospital.
Now I guess I don't understand enough medical terminology between gangrene and necrosis...
My thighs will be dealt with in two stages: one with liposuction and only after six months removal of the excess skin based on my skin and previous viewing consults.
In Israel if someone is in public hospital, they are in until removal of all drains and
clinic follow-ups are weekly and then every other week and then monthly.
I will be going to a different hospital for the thighs and I pray to Gd that they are the right messengers of Healing and Health for me.
Concern and awareness are awesome buy tonpredict my outcome beforehand is a little too pushy in the negative in my opinion. Instill have to go through the medical review comittee and wait two weeks for their answer and wait for date for the liposuction... Please refrain from further posting on your negative but great concern for my health. I am very aware of what can Gd Forbid happen but I see no reason for Fear when I'm not sure if anything medical or in hospital will yet even happen. So if I get a positive answer from the medical review committee (by the end of January) then you can be resume your vilgence to my continued health.
Mikimi in Israel
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/31/12 11:21 am - OH

Good grief!  I was just trying to make sure that you were aware that the thighs are the most common as of he body to experience necrosis after surgery and that because of your previous history of healing issues you would be at higher risk.  Then your reply made. Sunday like even if that happened, you would be cared for in the hospital for the duration of the healing (and staying in the hospital for several months just for a packed wound would not be possible, so I was trying to get clarification.

i was not trying to be negative or to predict anything.  I just wanted to be sure you understood the risk.  I don't personally care one way or another whether you  have the plastic surgery done (I have just seen a lot of people go into various kinds of surgery not understanding possible complications and then be completely unprepared when something DID happen).  i also don't appreciate what appears to be a very passive-aggressive tone in your last reply, so this conversation is done.

i wish you well in your procedures.

Lora

godzilla
on 12/31/12 2:03 pm - Israel
Lora,
With all due respect to your care and concern,
I am very aware of risks and complications from reading on this Board and actually experiencing some. I take offense that you feel inam passive-aggressive towards my health or explanation of what I want or need.
Just for your info: I do not have nor did I have diabetes-in fact my hba1c was 3.8; and a blood test for zinc (promotes healing) was 183 way above the norm.
I have been to three PS for consults. I will so almost anything to have further plastics but as I do not have extra money and get Disability stipend from the govmt, I can only have surgery in a hospital with a PS willing and capable and aware of my previous medical past-and medical approval from my HMO.
I have not denied the truth that thigh surgery is very difficult for healing.
So please do not judge me or misinterpret my words. You have made clear tour concerns yet at the same time you inadvertently stab me as seemingly not being in
touch with medicsl reality.
Mikimi in Israel
JazzyOne9254
on 1/19/13 10:56 am

This is exactly what my PS is proposing...I'll be reading with keen interest!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active