Bra or Sport Bra 3months after Breast Lift (no augmentation) ?

godzilla
on 10/28/12 3:53 am - Israel
My Breast Lift was 30/07/12.
There was dehiscence (wound breakdown) about two weeks after stitches removed...but now all is completely closed!
I'm tired of front-closing sport bra (bought two) and just invested in several "sport bra over-the-head" (similar to a half tank top that covers the boobs with a wide band at the bottom but in Israel it is not officially called a sport bra) as they are so much cheaper and more convenient to sleep in. They are a Lycra-blend with a cotton panel in front.
I used to wear the equivalent of 38-40D/DD but now I think I am a 36-38B/C.
My boobies went from hanging sausages to little bumps-which I enjoy very much.
What did any of you ladies do in a similar situation as mine-bras or a sport bra?
Obviously I will ask (asked about wearing part-time around the home) my PS if possible to wear all the time or if just preferable for home and sleeping.
Mikimi in Israel
Laura in Texas
on 10/28/12 4:00 am

By 3 months after my lift I was wearing regular bras.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

godzilla
on 10/28/12 12:59 pm - Israel
Hmm,my short venture into new bra shopping made me realize that new bra would be "pricey" and put on and attach hooks and twist and turn and stick boobies into "cup" but they are smallish yet my body circumference did mot change by much whereas these "sport bras" cost considerably less at less than 4$ each - or I can continue to wear my front-closing soft sport bras...
I hope my PS sees my email and answers.he is out of the country (Israel) for the month of October...
Strange is that I have a "give away for free/small donation" bras collection but they are in large sizes and I am now teeny (oh I love it!) compared to how I looked before.
Mikimi
kathkeb
on 10/28/12 10:11 am
By 3 months out I was wearing a regular bra during the day, and then changing into a 'soft' front close bra for nighttime.

I slept in a bra for about the first year, most nights because I thought it would give me the best results.
Kath

Crazeru
on 10/29/12 8:42 am, edited 10/31/12 5:27 am

I went into a regular bra at 3mo during the day and a sports bra at night.  Most of the time, I still wear a sports bra at night, and I'm almost 22mo out.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Lee ~
on 10/30/12 2:32 pm - CA
Chris, how long does Dr. S recommend wearing a sport bra at night? I keep forgetting to ask him.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Crazeru
on 10/31/12 5:31 am

I don't remember what Dr S, guess I'll have to ask him in Jan!  Generally, I'm in my abdominal garment at night and the sports bra just works with the compression garment. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

godzilla
on 10/31/12 3:40 pm - Israel
So my PS finally wrote me back yesterday....
I can wear the sports bra BUT preferable to wear a bra so I'll go back to front-closing sports bra for during the day and over-the-head bra for hanging out at home and at night.
I still wish I could have further Plastics but I seem to be a PS's nightmare with dehiscence and no understandable cause for it. My HMO will not allow/pay for me to do the lymphascintography that the other PS requested...
I guess I'll have to learn to accept what I do have while still hoping for what I don't.
I have not given up but am trying to face my reality.
Mikimi in Israel
Most Active